- BMW Designs A 42-Wheel, 19-Engine Car To Fulfill One Child's Fantasy
- BMW is one of those companies that gets respect and guff in big, heaping piles around here. They certainly make plenty of spectacular, iconic cars, from the 2002 to E30s to the 507 to even the little Isetta. They also sometimes seem to generate a following of arrogant, parking-line-ignorers
. Two sides of the big BMW coin.Read more...
- Hey, Car Companies — Here's How To Get Digital Gauges Right
- I know they're not to everyone's tastes, but I'm starting to like this trend towards these digital instrument panels being installed in everything from a Chevy Spark to basically the whole fleet of Jaguar and Land Rover products. Some of these are well done and are able to showcase a lot of information now that engineers give us so much control over the information we can get or the changes to our car's settings we have the freedom to make. Read more...
- Become the Memorial Day Grill Master
- Memorial Day marks the start of the serious grilling season, and there's no better weekend to bolster your grill-master game. Luckily, honing your outdoor culinary skills is a lot more simple than it seems, given the right tools, a little preparation, and a few tips on technique.Read more...
- The Best Time to Buy Anything During the Year
- A bit of planning can save you a ton of money when it comes to buying throughout the year. Here's your comprehensive, always up-to-date guide on the best times to buy everything this year.Read more...
- If Gearheads Got To Pick The Next Transportation Secretary
- America needs a new Transportation Secretary now that Ray LaHood is gone. Jalopnik readers have selected ten candidates perfect for the job.Read more...
- Why Fast And Furious 6 Will Be My Favorite Movie Of 2013
- The Fast and the Furious films are the ultimate guilty pleasure for any moviegoer that doesn't have to bring a tissue to their theater. They aren't realistic and they aren't ever that good, but they're a dependably fun watch with tons of action, great cars, and terrible cars that are great within the context of the ever-expanding universe of the film.Read more...
- 1941 Studebaker Champion: The Jalopnik Classic Review
- Remember the car you had at 16? I remember mine. A Wrigley's-gum beige 1968 VW Beetle I saved up $600 to buy when I was 15, then waited and stared at every day until I turned 16 and could actually drive it. Of course, it was wrecked within a year or so, because that's what usually happens to cars owned by 16 year old idiots.Read more...
- Why Are Japanese School Buses So Much Better Than Our School Buses?
- Remember going to school as a little kid? Specifically, think about that moment in the morning, waiting outside in the cold, barely awake and wondering if you actually did your math homework or just dreamed you did. Now picture seeing the school bus come lumbering down the street to collect you. What's the feeling in your gut?Read more...
- You Can Thank Two Hungarians For The Ford Model T And Much More
- Last Sunday was the 132th birthday of József Galamb, the Hungarian engineer who became the chief designer of the first mass produced car in the world, the Ford Model T. My mom sent a message that I should write about him, but I told her I was sure everybody knew his story already.Read more...
- This Corvette With A Honda Four-Banger Is Sadly Not Real
- This idea is so perverse I can't help but love it. It's a picture of what appears to be a nicely-polished Honda 1.8L B18 engine nestled in the engine bay of a Z06 Corvette. Now, to Corvette purists, this is the equivalent of getting a heart transplant from a mole — an abomination that also is just too feeble to actually even work.Read more...
- The Ten Biggest Car Jump Fails Caught On Camera
- Cars were born to fly, but jumps can easily go wrong. Jalopnik readers have put together the ten most painful, spine-crunching failed jump attempts in modern automotive history.Read more...
- Nazis Used This Volkswagen To Cross Lakes And Rivers
- Have you ever wanted an amphibious vehicle? Get in line, buddy! Luckily, this Volkswagen Type 166 Schwimmwagen is for sale in Connecticut — well, if you happen to have an extra $185,000 laying around.Read more...
- Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe Pebble Beach Special Edition
- At this year’s Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in Carmel, California which marked its 60th anniversary, Rolls-Royce introduced a bespoke Phantom Drophead Coupe that was unveiled by CEO Torsten Müller-Ötvös and Chief Designer Ian Cameron.
Sold within minutes, the new car is painted in a one-off Bespoke exterior colour called Stillwater Blue as a tribute [...]
- 2011 Renault Latitude introduced at the Moscow Motor Show
- Renault has big plans for the Russian market. the 2011 Renault Latitude was introduced at the Moscow International Motor Show.
The French manufacturer will also launch several new models to the Russian market such as Duster, the new automatic Logan, Sandero and Sandero Stepway as well as Fluence sedan and Megane hatchback. The Latitude [...]
- 2010 Moscow Motor Show: 2011 Vw Polo Sedan unveiled
- The new 2011 Volkswagen Polo saloon has just been unveiled at the 2010 Moscow Motor Show. VW said that the Polo saloon, which will be made at VW’s factory in Kaluga, Russia, was developed specifically for the Russian market, with consideration for its specific climate and street conditions.
The reason why small saloons are [...]
- Toyota and GM recalling over 1.3 million vehicles for engine stalling
- Toyota and General Motors, announced today that they will recall 1.3 million vehicles from the 2005-2008 model years due to complaints of engine stalling.
Toyota will recall 1.1 million Corolla and Corolla Matrix vehicles after more than 1,000 complaints were received, while GM will recall 200,000 Pontiac Vibes, including 162,000 in the United States. For those [...]
- Geely posted a forecast-beating 35% rise in first half earnings
- For the first half of the year, Geely Automobile Holdings exceeded forecasts and posted a 35% increase in earnings in China.
However, sales of Geely (whose parent purchased Ford’s Volvo unit this month) are expected to slow as its competitors gain ground in China, the world’s largest auto market. As Beijing offered incentives starting last year [...]
- Great Wall Motor plans to start overseas expansion
- Within the next three years, China’s Great Wall Motor Co. will begin to assemble vehicles from kits in Europe, Africa, the Philippines, South America and Malaysia. In late September, vehicle assembly is slated to begin in Senegal.
The Philippines will follow later this year. A company spokesman confirmed that operations will begin at plants in Bulgaria, [...]
- Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks rose 10 percent in July
- For the seventh straight month, sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks have increased. In July, 21,493 units were sold, a 10% increase.
This streak is remarkable because before this sales rebound, there had been three years of declines. Sales of Class 8 trucks increased by 28% to 9,589 units; however, there were sharp divisions by brand [...]
- Sonic to begin a test of no-haggle pricing at finance and insurance
- On Sept. 1, Sonic Automotive Inc. will start a test of no-haggle pricing at finance and insurance offices in two markets: Columbus, Ohio, and northern Virginia.
Sonic, the nation’s third-largest dealership group, said that this pilot is part of its attempts to make shopping faster and easier for customers, according to Jeff Dyke, Sonic’s executive vice [...]
- Bosch to expand Chinese plant
- Robert Bosch GmbH’s expansion of its existing plant and the construction of a new technical center in an economic development zone in the central China city of Changsha will be completed in mid-2012.
Bosch’s investment for this project amounts to 240 million yuan ($354 million). According to the deal with the zone administration, Bosch will lease [...]
- Paris Preview: 2011 Lotus Evora S and Evora IPS (Intelligent Precision Shift)
- After we saw the leaked e-mail, Lotus unveiled today the Evora S and Evora IPS (Intelligent Precision Shift) option. As expected, the Evora S is more powerful and now the 3.5-liter V6 engine delivers 350 PS (standard version delivers 280 PS) and 400 Nm of torque (295 lb ft).
The Evora S can sprint [...]
- Tata Motors planning to raise as much as $1 billion from selling securities
- Sources confirmed today that Tata Motors a.k.a. the owner of Jaguar and Land Rover, hired Credit Suisse Group AG and Citigroup Inc. in order to raise as much as a $1 billion from selling securities.
Apparently Tata may tap capital markets in the next month and may consider options including a private placement, shares with differential [...]
- 2010 Nissan Frontier recalled in the United States
- Because of failure to meet the requirements of child restraint anchorage systems (federal motor vehicle safety standard no. 225), Nissan is issuing a service campaign in the US and is calling back 951 Frontier vehicles.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said that the affected vehicles include those produced from June 10, 2010 through June [...]
- Sasaki wins thrilling Shell Advance Asia Talent Cup Motegi contest
- Race seven of nine in the 2014 Shell Advance Asia Talent cup was a struggle of titanic proportions, hard braking, creative lines and some tough passes kept the top riders bunched together to duke it out for the podium places.
- Nakamoto and Suppo congratulate Marquez on 2014 title
- Shuhei Nakamoto, Executive Vice President of HRC, and Livio Suppo, Repsol Honda Team Principal, were both quick to congratulate Marc Marquez on retaining the premier class World title at Honda’s home track on Sunday.
- Tech3 duo complete Motegi race inside top ten
- Pol Espargaro delivered a solid performance at Yamaha’s home Grand Prix to cross the finish line in eighth position at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit.
- Simoncelli remembered by Czech riders in Brno
- Nearly 4,000 riders attended the annual Brno event to honour the late Marco Simoncelli.
- Dovizioso finishes in fifth, while Crutchlow crashes out on lap two
- Andrea Dovizioso scored another positive result at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit, the Ducati Team rider finishing in fifth place at the end of the 24-lap race.
- Alzamora on champion Marquez’s Motegi ride: 'Marc showed how clever he is'
- Emilio Alzamora, manager and mentor of newly crowned double MotoGP™ World Champion Marc Marquez, believes the Repsol Honda star used his intelligence to clinch the title on Sunday in Japan.
- Marquez: ‘Title is to thank Honda for letting me bring all my people to the team’
- Marc Marquez won his fourth World Championship on Sunday ? a just reward for a season that he started brilliantly and in which he clinched the title with three rounds remaining.
- World’s fastest youngsters in Andalucia for Rookies Cup selection event
- It is that time of year again, with the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup selection event taking place in the south of Spain.
- Sixth for Iannone, disappointment for Hernandez
- At Motegi on Sunday Andrea Iannone crossed the finish line in sixth position, but there was disappointment at the last corner for teammate Yonny Hernandez.
- Marquez championship win makes international headlines
- The phenomenal performances of Marc Marquez this season, culminating in his second successive MotoGP™ World title on Sunday, have made headlines around the world.
- Fierce battle for second rages on behind phenomenal champion Marquez
- With the 2014 MotoGP™ World Championship title confirmed for Marc Marquez the Repsol Honda star arrives in Australia in a relaxed mood, but the fight for second place in the overall standings between Valentino Rossi, Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo will continue to rage on at Phillip Island.
- Bridgestone develops new tyre allocation for Phillip Island
- Bridgestone will introduce a brand new tyre allocation for the 2014 Tissot Australian Grand Prix, including a newly-developed asymmetric front slick tyre as the Official Tyre Supplier to MotoGP™ continues its efforts to develop technologies that further enhance rider safety.
- 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Review
- You might have written off Mitsubishi as a near-dead North American manufacturer, but that would be premature. The Outlander PHEV is on its way and it might be good enough to save the brand.
- 2015 Ford Mustang Review
- Now in its 50th year on the market, Ford’s Mustang is ready to give customers more of everything.
- 2015 Toyota Camry Review
- You wouldn’t call it a game changer, but maybe you should...
- 2015 Ford Fiesta SFE vs 2014 Toyota Prius c
- The Prius hybrid is known for its frugal nature, but a new turbocharged competitor is looking to dethrone the MPG king.
- 2014 Honda Accord vs. 2015 Hyundai Sonata
- Inch-for-inch, Hyundai and Honda build mid-size sedans that are almost eerily similar, but that all changes when you get out on the road. Which one would we buy? You’ll have to read to find out.
- 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA 45 AMG Review
- The ever expanding Mercedes-Benz adds a new family member and creates another AMG model.
- 2015 Chevy Colorado Review
- GM is bringing new life back into the withering midsize pickup truck segment, but will it work or prove once and for all that small pickups are dead?
- 2014 VW Eos Review
- Volkswagen is killing the Eos in one year. Should you be upset?
- 2015 Ford F-150 Review
- Ford is “lighting” the way in America’s full-size pickup segment, but has the new F-150 lost any capability in the process?
- 2015 Mazda3 2.5L Manual Review
- For 2015 the Mazda3 gains a manual transmission for models with the larger 2.5-liter engine, making a good car even better.
- 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 Review
- You can daily drive Porsche’s street-legal race car, but does that mean you should?
- 2015 Honda CR-V Review
- Honda honed its popular CR-V compact crossover to a razor-sharp edge for 2015, giving it more power, a stronger structure and an extra helping of advanced technology. What’s not to like? The answer just might surprise you.
- MO Goes Ice Racing! - Video
- Two of Motorcycle.com's finest scribes traveled north to Wisconsin in the middle of winter to do a little ice racing on a Yamaha YZ450F. Read on to see how these California boys fared in the world of spiked tires.
- Knowing How to Brake Saves (the most) Lives
- With braking, the use it or lose it principle definitely applies, and skills can become rusty if not proactively attended to.
- 2013 Daytona Bike Week Report
- After a long offseason, bikers everywhere were more than ready to kickstart the 2013 rally season and headed out in droves to Daytona Bike Week.
- 2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale R Review - Video
- The Ducati Panigale R takes all the best parts of the sensational 1199 S and adds titanium connecting rods, a lightened flywheel and an adjustable swingarm pivot to create the most capable Ducati sportbike ever seen.
- The Truth about Drinking and Riding
- While no one will publicly declare alcohol consumption and motorcycling are OK, there remain definite problems in a culture offering mixed messages.
- 2013 Honda CBR600RR - First Ride Street Impression
- While not a new model, the 2013 Honda CBR600RR is slightly improved for slightly less money. Compared to a few of its competitors, it's missing some of the current technological catch phrases like TC and Ride Modes.
- Trail Bike Riding in Ontario
- Trail bike riding in Ontario seems to be a closely guarded secret even though the province has more trails available to off-road motorcycles than some European countries and most US states.
- 2013 Aprilia Caponord 1200 Review
- Aprilia's contribution to the do-it-all touring segment is finally here. The new Caponord 1200 revives an old name and is endowed with a slew of electronic gadgets and riding aids.
- Ten Questions with Five-Time Dakar Champ Cyril Despres
- We caught up with five-time Dakar champion Cyril Despres at Dealer Expo and asked him a few questions about this year's Dakar.
- Riding in the Rain and Wind
- Depending on your experience, skill, preparation and risk tolerance, riding a motorcycle in the rain can be anything from frightening to fun.
- Suzuki GSX-R History
- We take a look back at nearly three decades of GSX-R, highlighting some important milestones along the way. Thanks largely to the 1985 GSX-R750, today's sportbikes are often considered "racebikes with lights."
- Battle of the Motorcycle Expos
- The Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo in Indianapolis saw attendance drop significantly this year. Could that have something to do with the upcoming International Motorcycle Expo in Orlando?
- Rare Kia K900 Is Becoming Rarer
- When dining at a steakhouse, my father always told me, make sure you ask for your beef to be grilled longer than you would at home, because restaurants always hastily send the food to your table. You want medium-rare? Ask for medium. Want medium? Ask for medium-well. With the K900, a V8-engined sedan closely related to […]
The post Rare Kia K900 Is Becoming Rarer appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- Junkyard Find: 1981 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia Camper Type P22
- This being Colorado, I see quite a few Volkswagen Vanagons on the street and in local wrecking yards. Mostly I ignore them for this series, because their local popularity means examples that show up at a Denver self-service yard get stripped immediately and aren’t very interesting photographic subjects. So far, we’ve seen just this exquisitely […]
The post Junkyard Find: 1981 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia Camper Type P22 appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- Porsche Injecting Diesel Power Into Macan For US Market
- Porsche Macan enthusiasts in the United States who want diesel power will be able to order such a thing over a year from now, as Porsche is now hard at work bringing a diesel Macan to life. Automotive News reports the diesel-powered crossover will get its power from a reworked 3-liter turbo V6 diesel sold […]
The post Porsche Injecting Diesel Power Into Macan For US Market appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- Ask Jack: And None Of The Miles Are Free
- Welcome to our new feature, Ask Jack! I’ll be answering your questions on pretty much any topic that has a vague relationship to cars. Send me your questions and make sure you let us know if you want to be identified! Our very first question comes from a fellow who wants to know what he […]
The post Ask Jack: And None Of The Miles Are Free appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- Nissan Canada Launches One-Make Micra Cup Race Series
- The Nissan Micra has already staked itself out as the most affordable new car on sale in Canada, with a base price of just $9,998 CDN. And at $19,998, it’s also the cheapest race car in the country. Nissan and Quebec performance outfit JD Motorsports are launching the one-make Micra Cup, intended as a stepping […]
The post Nissan Canada Launches One-Make Micra Cup Race Series appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- Revised Mazda2 Takes Home Japan COTY Award
- The newly revised Mazda2 — Demio in its home market of Japan — won’t be in United States showrooms until sometime during the 2016 model year, but when it does arrive, it will be bringing along its first award: the 2014-2015 Car of the Year Japan, as presented by the Japan Car of the Year […]
The post Revised Mazda2 Takes Home Japan COTY Award appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- Housekeeping: Yes, Comments Are Still Broken
- Just a quick note. Yes, comments are still broken. Yes, I am aware. No, sending angry comments and emails isn’t going to speed up the pace of the improvements. No, you have not been banned (except for Z71_Silvy, who made multiple user accounts, in violation of our rules, and was summarily sent packing.) One thing […]
The post Housekeeping: Yes, Comments Are Still Broken appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- Projects In Germany, US Closer To Low-Cost Carbon Fiber Manufacturing
- Though carbon fiber is being used more extensively in new vehicles, the high costs associated with building a vehicle out of the material have kept it to the likes of the Lexus LFA and BMW i Series. This could soon change, however. Bloomberg reports MAI Carbon Cluster Management GmbH, with financial backing from BMW, Audi, […]
The post Projects In Germany, US Closer To Low-Cost Carbon Fiber Manufacturing appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- De Nysschen: Cadillac Moved To NYC, Alphanumerics To Be Global Player
- Cadillac boss Johan de Nysschen has taken a lot of flak as of late for the brand’s moves to New York City, and to (albeit standardized) alphanumeric naming conventions. The first time, he took to Facebook to address his critics. This time? De Nysschen took it to the source. In response to Automotive News editor-in-chief […]
The post De Nysschen: Cadillac Moved To NYC, Alphanumerics To Be Global Player appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- Michigan May Ban Tesla Direct Sales Pending Governor’s Signature
- Sitting on Michigan governor Rick Snyder’s desk is a bill that would add the state to the list of places where Tesla cannot sell its vehicles directly to the public, waiting for his pen to seal the deal. Automotive News reports Michigan H.B. 5606 was originally meant to determine whether or not automakers could stop […]
The post Michigan May Ban Tesla Direct Sales Pending Governor’s Signature appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- Toyota 4Runner Booms: Off-Roaders Aren’t Dead Yet
- The off-roader is not yet dead, and with recent successes from a couple of well-known rough-and-tumble four-by-fours, the niche category has lives yet to live. We’re not talking about pickup trucks with Z71 badges or the ever-growing stable of vehicles perceived to be capable of mud-running because of their when-the-wheels-slip all-wheel-drive systems. No, truck-based SUV […]
The post Toyota 4Runner Booms: Off-Roaders Aren’t Dead Yet appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- GM Slapped With Lawsuits Totalling $10B Over Lost Value Claims
- General Motors twice experienced the business end of a leather glove Wednesday, when over 20 million consumers demanded satisfaction via two lawsuits totalling $10 billion in claims over lost resale value as a result of the February 2014 ignition switch recall. Bloomberg reports two class actions would come GM’s way, the larger representing those who […]
The post GM Slapped With Lawsuits Totalling $10B Over Lost Value Claims appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- UK specialist looking to give TVR Tuscan a second life as Chevy-powered Titan
- Filed under: Classics, Coupe, Performance, GM, UK, Specialty
Classic World Racing TVR Titan - Click above for high-res image gallery
Might the quintessential British muscle car soon be blessed with the quintessential American muscle car powerplant? If UK-based racing specialist Classic World Racing gets its way, the answer is yes. The car is the TVR Tuscan - and we're talking about the beautiful 1968 version, for what it's worth - and the engine is none other than General Motors' undeniably excellent LS3 V8.
CWR has somehow managed to obtain the original molds for the old TVR Tuscan that had been sitting unused for decades in an old barn, after which the company built a race car using the molds for a client in Malaysia. Shortly thereafter, demand for a roadgoing version was deemed strong enough to make the necessary modifications to make it street legal. In this new form, CWR chose to call the machine the Titan.
Power figures for the Yankee-sourced 5.7-liter V8 engine start at 480 horsepower and go from there, and those ponies will be sent to a limited-slip differential at the rear wheels through a five-speed manual transmission. Couple that prodigious output with a weight of just 2,160 pounds (980 kilograms) and you've got a recipe for formidable performance. Price? Around £42,500 (plus VAT) in the UK - that's about $65,500 dollars. Check out our high-res image gallery below and read the press release after the break.
Gallery: Classic World Racing TVR Titan
[Source: Classic World Racing via Piston Heads]Continue reading UK specialist looking to give TVR Tuscan a second life as Chevy-powered TitanUK specialist looking to give TVR Tuscan a second life as Chevy-powered Titan originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Video: Audi R8 Spyder gets lead role in Iron Man 2
- Filed under: Convertible, Performance, Videos, Audi, Celebrities, Luxury
Audi R8 Spyder in Iron Man 2 - Click above to watch video after the jump
We're officially counting down the days until Iron Man 2 hits theaters on May 7. The sequel to one of our favorite superhero flicks is set to boast a serious cast, including performances by Don Cheadle and Micky Rourke. Speaking of those two, the actors will be bringing two of the best characters from the Iron Man universe to life - War Machine and Whiplash. Oh yes. It will be good.
Of course, one of the best parts of watching Robert Downey Jr. play the part of spoiled playboy Tony Stark is drooling over the guy's bachelor pad/garage. We would give unmentionable portions of our anatomy to have our very own holographic drafting table and pint-sized manufacturing facility stashed downstairs. You can go ahead and throw in the flathead '32 roadster while you're at it.
Audi has once again teamed up with Marvel for Iron Man 2. A new ad from the company shows off the R8 Spyder as one of Stark's main rides, which makes sense considering the car was spotted on the set not too long ago. As if we needed another reason to be jealous. Hit the jump to see the spot for yourself.
Gallery: Audi R8 5.2 FSI Spyder
[Source: Audi via YouTube]Continue reading Video: Audi R8 Spyder gets lead role in Iron Man 2Video: Audi R8 Spyder gets lead role in Iron Man 2 originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- iPhone 4.0 software hints at automotive integration, new dock
- Filed under: Technology
Our Apple-obsessed brethren at TUAW have been probing the company's new iPhone 4.0 software and, with the help of a trusted tipster, came across what could be a new automotive-related feature buried within the update.
The new software will apparently allow a "iPod out" functionality, which could be integrated into vehicles utilizing the iPod Accessory Protocol. While that's nothing new, the software tweaks have the potential to allow users to control music and other content through the iPhone (or by relation, the iPod Touch or iPad), turning the device into a separate remote control of sorts.
If that's the case, there's a distinct possibility that Apple - or third party accessory manufacturers - could develop a car kit complete with a dock, buttons and custom menus. The video after the jump provides a snooze-worthy tease of the functionality, and if this software sleuthing is to be believed, we might see some kind of Apple-branded car kit released by year's end.
[Source: TUAW]Continue reading iPhone 4.0 software hints at automotive integration, new dockiPhone 4.0 software hints at automotive integration, new dock originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Pics Aplenty: Audi RS5 officially unloaded to the Internet
- Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Europe, Audi, Luxury
2011 Audi RS5 - Click above for high-res image gallery
Good news, Quattroheads: Audi has just unloaded a boatload of new images of the RS5 coupe in red, white and blue doing its thing all over some beautiful roads in Europe. We feel the need to point out where these shots were snapped simply because the German automaker has not yet announced any plans to bring its ubercoupe Stateside. And we therefore shed a tear.
Then again, maybe there's hope after all - we have heard rumors that Audi was at least considering blessing us Americans with the RS5... though nothing substantiated by any other reliable sources. In any case, it's always a good time to gaze upon 4.2 wonderful liters of naturally aspirated goodness with 450 horsepower and 317 pound-feet of torque sent to all four wheels, right? Right. So go ahead and click through the high-res image gallery below.
Gallery: 2011 Audi RS5
[Source: Audi]Pics Aplenty: Audi RS5 officially unloaded to the Internet originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Report: Toyota Prius minivan coming in 2011
- Filed under: Hybrid, Minivan/Van, Toyota
Toyota Hybrid X Concept - Click above for high-res image gallery
We've been hearing the rumors for over a year, and it's now looking increasingly likely that Toyota is getting ready to launch a new hybrid minivan that will wear the Prius nameplate. If true, this would be the first completely new vehicle added to the Prius stable, where it would join the well-known hatchback sometime in 2011.
According to Reuters (which is citing the Japanese Nikkei), this new Prius hybrid minivan may be the first such vehicle from Toyota equipped with an in-house developed lithium ion battery pack. The three-row vehicle, which we can only presume would also have sliding doors, would potentially seat up to seven people, expanding Toyota's hybrid technology further into the family-use market.
No other details are available other than the notion that Toyota would like to keep the price close to that of standard minivans currently on the market. Stay tuned for more as we hear it.
Gallery: Geneva Motor Show: Toyota Hybrid-X concept
[Source: Reuters via The Truth About Cars]Report: Toyota Prius minivan coming in 2011 originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Video: Pagani Zonda R commerical is pure pr0n
- Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Marketing/Advertising, Videos
Pagani Zonda R promo - Click above to watch video after the jump
The Pagani Zonda R comes down to three words: More. Track. Focused. Yet, what good would it to do merely imagine that focus? We'll have none of that. What we will have is rather dramatic high-res video of one, and then two, Zonda Rs on track in the rain, making roostertails as they slide their own tails. In fact, no more talking about it - follow the jump to watch to watch the twelve-cylinder wet dream in action.
Gallery: Pagani Zonda R
[Source: Runimation Studios]Continue reading Video: Pagani Zonda R commerical is pure pr0nVideo: Pagani Zonda R commerical is pure pr0n originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:40:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments
- SMS Supercars pulls the wraps off 2011 302 Mustang
- Filed under: Aftermarket, Coupe, Performance, Ford
2011 SMS 302 Mustang - Click above for high-res image gallery
It's been nearly a year since SMS Supercars first showed us a rendering of their proposed 460 Mustang. And we had nearly given up hope that it would ever come out. But sure enough, Steve Saleen and the rest of his crew have been hard at work developing the new SMS Mustang. That car, now named the 302 Mustang due to the V8's displacement change for 2011, was officially unveiled today at the company's headquarters in Corona, CA.
Two separate versions of the 302 Mustang will be offered, including a naturally aspirated base 4V model and a supercharged 302SC Mustang. The 4V will produce 440 horsepower thanks to a few powertrain tweaks, while the supercharged model will boast 535 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque.
Both Mustangs will have a slew of standard features including the new SMS body kit, hood with heat-extracting grilles, 20-inch wheels and tires, upgraded suspension and brakes, and numerous interior appointments including Alcantara seats, 200 mph gauges, short-throw shifter and more. The styling appears to be a mix of the previous generation Saleen Mustang, also penned by SMS designer Phil Frank, along with the new design language featured on the SMS 570 Challenger. We especially like the elongated rear end that helps hide the awkward taillights, although we would probably do away with the massive spoiler.
As you'd expect from a Steve Saleen product, each model will offer impressive performance figures. SMS quotes a 0-60 mph time of under 4.5 seconds for the base 302 Mustang while the supercharged version can perform the same task in just 4.3 seconds. A higher performance model is also in the works, named the 351X Mustang, which we should learn more about in just a few months.
Pricing for both models is just about what we would expect, which is fairly expensive. The 302 4V starts at $54,990 while the 302SC Mustang will cost $64,990. Follow the jump for more details on both cars or browse through both of the live galleries below.
Gallery: 2011 SMS 302 Mustang
Gallery: 2011 SMS 302 Mustang Unveiling
Photos by Drew Phillips / Copyright (C)2010 Weblogs, Inc.Continue reading SMS Supercars pulls the wraps off 2011 302 MustangSMS Supercars pulls the wraps off 2011 302 Mustang originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:55:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Daily U-Turn: What you missed on 4.16.10
- Long-Term Update: Touring our Subaru Legacy 2.5GT's birthplace
We take a tour of Subaru's Indiana production center to see where our new bouncing burgundy baby comes from.
BMW sets price on new 5-er; says no price too high for independence
BMW sets the pricing on the all-new 5 Series and confirms its new city car project, while U.S. marketing and product head Jack Pitney offers up his thoughts on the competition's recent partnerships and BMW's new tag-line.
Ford Gets An Earful: Five best and worst ideas from consumers
Ford asked, you answered and we've rounded up the five best and worst ideas to come into the suggestion box.
Also of interest:
Top Gear takes blame for Icelandic volcano eruption
Reuters: Unified Toyota lawsuits set in motion by judge
Video: KBB gets down, dirty and airborn with the Ford Raptor
Video: Sébastien Buemi unhurt in crazy Shanghai F1 GP practice crash
IndyCar switches up qualifying payouts for more exciting 500 pole shootout
Browse our archive of Daily U-Turn posts or subscribe to the RSS feed
Daily U-Turn: What you missed on 4.16.10 originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- 2011 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2010 BMW M3: Tie Game? [w/poll]
- Filed under: Coupe, Budget, Performance, BMW, Ford, Luxury
Ford Mustang GT and BMW M3 - Click above for high-res image gallery
Alright, fan boys (and girls), prepare for battle. The ever keen-eyed Sam Smith over at Jalopnik has spied an interesting phenomenon in the car universe. The new 2011 Ford Mustang GT performance figures are within spitting distance of the mighty 2010 BMW M3. The Bavarian bruiser produces 414 horsepower out of its milky-smooth 4.0-liter V8 and hits the scales at 3,652 lbs. Meanwhile, the 5.0-liter Mustang serves up two less horsepower, but weighs 40 pounds less, too.
At this point, odds are your blood is pumping no matter which side of the ring you happen to find yourself on. Stats that close yield frighteningly similar numbers when the two cars hit the track, too. The M3 can clip off the 0-60 dash in 4.3 seconds. The Mustang can do it in 4.4. Quarter mile? Deadlocked at 12.7 seconds at 111.3 mph.
It's true, a quarter mile doth not a sports car make, which is why these next figures are so important. While the M3 can come down from 60 mph in 105 feet, the Mustang can do the same in 104. And here's the real shocker: Both cars hold onto the skidpad at .97 g. Now, before the comments go superfly TNT, it's worth noting that the as-tested BMW will set you back an eye-widening $28,180 more than the Ford. We could think of a thing or two to do with an extra 30-large.
So the question remains, which would you take home?
Gallery: First Drive: 2011 Ford Mustang GT
Gallery: Review: 2008 BMW M3
[Source: Jalopnik]2011 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2010 BMW M3: Tie Game? [w/poll] originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:24:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Volkswagen and Stanford: Parking Cars Without People [w/video]
- Filed under: Technology, Videos, Audi, Volkswagen
Volkswagen and Stanford's Autonomous Vehicle Program - Click above for high-res image gallery
Yesterday at Stanford University, the world's valets were put on notice. The crew at Volkswagen's Vehicle Innovation Lab (VAIL) hosted an event for German Chancellor Angela Merkel, where the diplomat from Deutschland got to see first-hand what VW has been working on for the past five years, and what kind of practical implementations are around the corner.
The VAIL team was the first group to complete the DARPA Grand Challenge with a fully autonomous Touareg that scaled over 130 miles of the Mojave Desert in 2005. The original self-driven vehicle, Stanley, has evolved into Stanley 2, a Passat wagon with enough computing power to completely fill the boot. That vehicle took second place at an urban course for the 2007 DARPA Challenge and now that technology has been scaled down, refined and put into another diesel-powered Passat to show off one of the many uses for the autonomous tech.
After Merkel caught a plane home and the crowds subsided, we scored a ride in the self-propelled Passat and discovered that the days of parking attendants are officially numbered.
Gallery: Volkswagen and Stanford's Autonomous Vehicle Program
Photos by Damon Lavrinc / Copyright (C)2010 Weblogs, Inc.Continue reading Volkswagen and Stanford: Parking Cars Without People [w/video]Volkswagen and Stanford: Parking Cars Without People [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:56:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Jody Scheckter launches Lormarins 1200 with £10m in classics
- Filed under: Motorsports, Classics, Jaguar, UK, Celebrities
Lormarins 1200 launch in London - Click above for image gallery
If you're into classic cars and vintage rallies, you know the Mille Miglia, but you likely haven't heard of the Lormarins 1200. Not yet, at least, because it was just announced and has yet to take place. Unlike the Mille Miglia, upon which it's modeled, the Lormarins 1200 is a new event and not a revival. The inaugural running is scheduled for October in South Africa's Western Cape wine region, and to announce it, organizers brought out the big guns.
Former F1 world champion Jody Scheckter took the wheel of a 1952 Jaguar C-Type and lead a £10 million convoy of classics through London's Mayfair district. South Africa's ambassador in London, Dr. Zola Skweiyiya, rode shotgun. They were joined by a 1932 Alfa Romeo 8C Monza and a 1957 Ferrari 250 GT Tour de France - one of only seven ever made. But that's nothing compared to the 40 to 50 cars expected to take part in the full rally. In the meantime, you can check out the details in the press release after the jump and the photos in the gallery below.
Gallery: Lormarins 1200 launch in London
[Source: Lormarins 1200]Continue reading Jody Scheckter launches Lormarins 1200 with £10m in classicsJody Scheckter launches Lormarins 1200 with £10m in classics originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Next-gen Hyundai Accent caught totally undisguised
- Filed under: Spy Photos, Budget, Sedan, Hyundai
2011 Hyundai Accent spy shots - Click above for high-res image gallery
Looks like we were spot on in our assessment of what we happened to catch out testing near Disneyland in California. As we suspected, the car in question is the next-generation Hyundai Accent, a fact you can clearly discern by comparing our spy shots and an earlier Korean "naked" shot with the two images in our gallery below from auto.ifeng.com.
As you can see, the next-gen Accent takes on a mini-Sonata look, with a heavily-rounded, arcing greenhouse, a prominent chrome-topped grille, and deeply-sculpted sheetmetal everywhere in between. Note also the absolutely massive headlights situated above squared-off fog lamps.
Still second-guessing what you may be gazing at? Take a closer look at the decklid. From what we can tell, the badge on the right reads Verna - that's the Accent's moniker in some foreign markets (including South Korea). See for yourself in our image gallery below. Thanks for the tip, Rudy!
Gallery: 2011 Hyundai Accent Spy Shots
[Source: auto.ifeng.com via GenCoupe Forums]Next-gen Hyundai Accent caught totally undisguised originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Assetto Corsa: Lotus & Pagani Previews
- Kunos Simulazioni have released new previews of the Lotus Exige S and Pagani Huyara, which will both feature in their upcoming simulation Assetto Corsa.
Both sets of previews are available here, and in addition a preview video of the Pagani can be seen here.
For more information on the game, don't forget to visit our Assetto Corsa game profile, and you can keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- Project CARS: Build 549 Released
- Slightly Mad Studios have released build 549 of Project CARS.
Amongst many other fixes, new sounds for some of the game's cars have been added, improving on the WIP ones previously included.
The latest download will be applied via Steam, and a full list of changes can be seen below.
Don't forget to visit our Project CARS game profile for much more on this game, and you can keep up to date by following us on Twitter.Build 549 (27/8/13, Team Member+)
* Fix for bad coords
* Fix for missing return.
* Fix for missing brace on DX9 triangle draw.
* Additional new pixel definition variable
* Added in new index buffer tyep to handle point lists
* Added in functions to get Cuda handlers for the generic prims
* New setup for weather system loading
* Split up the environment data into 4 section which we can load and unload separately therefore allowing us to be able to control the systems data more. The sections are, Base Render data (rendertargets etc..) , Weather condition data , Level Data (skyrings etc) and Lighting Data. All render and weather data is now loaded as a boot phase and kept as persistent throughout the entire game. This will help load times to track and also reduce memory fragmentation when loading and unload textures
* Career Calendar updates, fix to map not displaying, linked up record panel (wip).
* All new BMW M1 Procar incar and external engine sets, plus an AI version. Update also includes the latest sound events such as int/ext gearshifts, backfires/splutters and distant rolloffs and trajectory. Listen for the carburetor opening up and hear the air getting sucked in
* Dubai: National and Club new AIW?s for changes in the track geometry. All 4 layououts added new pit lane paths (previously missing), expanded grid sizes from 16 to 36 and pit area to 18
* Volusia: Add textures for bistro
* BMW M3 E30 Group A: Adjustable weight distribution and setup tweaks for the revised tire
- Forza 5: Two New Video Previews
- Two new videos for Forza Motorsport 5 have been posted online following previews of the game at this year's Gamescom show.
Both videos show in-game footage from the latest in the Forza series, and can be seen here.
For more on this upcoming title, visit our Forza Motorsport 5 game profile, and don't forget you can keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- WRC 4: New Gameplay Footage
- New gameplay footage of WRC 4 has emerged online, following the game's presentation at this year's Gamescom.
All five videos show in-game footage, and can be seen here.
Don't forget to visit our WRC 4 game profile for much more on this game, and you can also keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- Gran Turismo 6: 56 New Screenshots
- Polyphony Digital have released 56 new screenshots for Gran Turismo 6, showing off some of the cars included in the game such as the Ford Focus ST and Pagani Huayra, as well as the first previews of the Brands Hatch track.
All of the screenshots are available to view here, and a preview video of the Pagani Huayra is available here.
Don't forget to visit our Gran Turismo 6 game profile for more on this title, and you can keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- Project CARS: Build 562 Released & 158 Screens
- Slightly Mad Studios have released build 562 of Project CARS, making various changes and improvements to the ongoing development of the sim. A full list of changes is below, and if you have the alpha version you'll need to update via Steam.
We've also added 158 new screenshots for the title, and to see these and for more information on this game, make sure you visit our Project CARS game profile.Build 562 (13/9/13, Team Member+)
* WiiU another particle rendering fix (smoke and racing line now are correct)
* WiiU support for Occlusion Queries.
* WiiU particle bug-fixing (colours and missing prims)
* WiiU fix for flickering instances (needed double buffering)
* GT3 Slick: Fixed excessive wear on the soft and hard compounds. Still not truly calibrated for realistic wear rate
* Re-worked tires pressures and buildup on the Caterham and Ariel tires to better match the listed pressures used
* Azure Circuit: Fixed spec and added alpha channel, added nmp, add missing emm for streetlamps
* Dubai: Added latest assets, fixed wrong green blend edge along the kerbs, added pitentry chevrons, tweaked road/asphalt textures
* Azure Coast: Add new buildings with emm maps, merge JanP assets, merge TomT assets, clean layers, fix position for some buildings, add emm map for street lights (+- 30% done), fix pivot position, fix lod distance
* Formula C: WIP on making the LODX
* BMW M3 GT: Setup changes to suit the latest tires
Build 561 (12/9/13, Team Member+)
* Tires: FlexiCarcass development, FC development, FFB tightening options, Monza kinda-thermal experiment on HUD tire widget (for FC)
* GT3 and Group A slick tires: Updates based on CPFT feedback
* WiiU full implementation of Depth of Field. Fixed bonnect cam capture
* Adding variable height capability to list items and lists
* Fixing sub list creation and filling out data
* Eifelwald: Added GP variations. Sprint, Sprint Short, Mullenbach
* Azure Coast: Add missing emm and spec map for buildings
* BMW Z4 GT3: Tweaks to default setup and an experiment with the tire scrub override sound parameter
* Caterham R500 and Classic: Fixed track bar being above the axle centerline (and hence rear roll center). This fixes most of the up on 2 wheels experienced. re-adjusted setup accordingly (this added understeer). Raised default tire pressures and adjusted the optimum pressure shapes. Some drop in flash tire temp on the R500
Build 560 (11/9/13, Team Member+)
* BHashTable: Added tHashPtr and tPtrKey types for use with pointer keys and hashes to allow for different sizes between platforms
* Updated RenderBridge and VehicleFactory to use new hash types
* Updated the Session Mask in the Race Rules to match the newly adjusted Session enum
* WiiU full implementation of Motion-blur / Post processing filters
* WiiU: w-i-p updates for ProController input sets and WiiU device registration
* Misc: Added IsMPMode test before sending disqualify event
* WiiU: Fixed warning
* WiiU: Added basic pro controller support
* WiiU fix for DashBoardGUIHandler not being excluded from project (it?s in the unity file)
* WiiU add MotionBlurUsingLinearDepthFlags technique which allows the continued use of a compressed HDR format that lacks an alpha channel for the LinearDepthFlags to Alpha method
* Azure Circuit: New textures
* Dubai: New Dynamic Safety Pillows, new foliage instances added, datepalms and desert grass
* Azure Coast: Add emm for more buildings, add missing nmp map
* Eifelwald: Added Eifelwald Stage 1, 2 and 3
* Eifelwald: Stages basic AIW changed
Build 559 (10/9/13, Team Member+)
* WiiU fix SSAO context state bug when SSAO is turned off
* WiiU full implementation of SSAO Control.
* Snap and align feature
* WiiU fixed SSAO const global parameters (they get stripped because they are constant and can?t then be set by the runtime!)
* FFB: Added a touch of smoothing to RackScale and Mz to prevent spikes and low speed vibrations
* Anhalt: Dynamic Physics
* Anhalt: XLC file
* Dubai: New textures
* Azure Coast: Add emm for more buildings, add missing nmp map anf baked small ao map for some buidling around the track
Build 558 (9/9/13, Team Member+)
Steam-based multiplayer WIP:
* Implemented admin call: kick session member
* All new Pagani Huayra incar and external engine sets, plus an AI version. Update includes extra layers of hard-offloaded exhaust crackles a and unique pully whine. Includes the lastest distant rolloffs and trajectory. Please Note: The int/ext backfires and gearshifts require bespoke sounds. I?ll add these over the next couple of days. Please take the time to listen to the lower RPM details ? especially from trackside ? short shifting and crusing around slowly is a lot of fun THEN hit the gas and hang on!
* Azure Coast: Add emm texture for riv_carlhotel
* Connecticut Hill: Add textures for timer tower and sunoco sign
* Volusia Circuit: In field perimeter fencing, merged latest, terrain fixes near lake, cut terrain near garages, fixed popping assets, In field perimeter fencing, merged latest, terrain fixes near lake, cut terrain near garages
* BMW M3 E30 GroupA: Reuploading after a connection problem.
- F1 2013: 8 New Videos Added
- We've added 8 new videos for F1 2013, which is due to be released on October 4th.
The videos are:
* F1 2013 Classic Version Trailer
* Eddie Irvine Brands Hatch
* Damon Hill vs Michael Schumacher at Imola (3 videos)
* F1 2013 Estoril Race (DDBox)
* F1 2013 Monza Hotlap
* F1 2013 Jerez Classic Hotlap
All of these are available to view from our F1 2013 videos page.
Don't forget you can also keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- F1 2013: Steering Wheel Support List
- Codemasters have released a full list of steering wheels which will be supported by F1 2013.
The full list is below. Don't forget for much more on this title, make sure you visit our F1 2013 game profile.PC Supported Wheels
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel with Force Feedback
ECCI Trackstar 6000
Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
Fanatec CSR Elite
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech Formula Force EX/RX
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel K
Logitech MOMO Racing Force (Racing)
Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition
Thrustmaster Universal Challenge 5-in-1 Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 wheel Integral T500
Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP Racing Wheel
Atomic Super Sport Evo Steering Wheel
Logic3 Tri Format Topdrive GT
Logic3 Tri Format Topdrive RF
SimRaceWay SRW-S1 Steering Wheel (NEW)
Atomic TVR Sagaris Sport Racing Steering Wheel
PlayStation 3 Supported Wheels
Atomic Super Sport
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
Fanatec ClubSport (NEW)
Fanatec CSR Elite (NEW)
Logic 3 TopDrive GT
Logic 3 TopDrive RF
Logitech Driving Force
Logitech Driving Force EX/RX
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch
Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel
Xbox 360 Supported Wheels
Microsoft 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
Logitech Drive FX Wheel
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
Fanatec CSR Elite (NEW)
Joytech Nitro Racing Wheel
MadCatz Wireless Racing Wheel
- Assetto Corsa: New Lotus, Type 125 and Ferrari Previews
- Kunos Simulazioni have released 8 new previews of various cars which will feature in their upcoming Assetto Corsa, including Lotus 49, Type 125, and Ferrari 312.
All of these are available to view on our screenshots page.
Don't forget for much more on this title visit our Assetto Corsa game profile, and you can also keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- WRC 4: New Videos & Screenshots
- We have posted several videos and screenshots for the upcoming WRC 4 title.
You can see all of these, and much more information about the game on our WRC 4 game profile.
Don't forget you can also keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- Assetto Corsa ? Ferrari 312T Announced
- Kunos Simulazioni have announced that the Ferrari F312T will be included in the release version of Assetto Corsa, which is the car Niki Lauda raced in 1975 which also features in the recently-released Rush movie.
We've added several preview screenshots of the Ferrari to our screenshots page.
For more information on the game, visit our Assetto Corsa game profile, and don't forget to keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- Project CARS: Build 593 Added
- Slightly Mad Studios have released build 593 of Project CARS, which makes various improvements to the game.
You can see the full list of improvements below, and this update will be applied automatically once you launch the game via Steam.
We've added a huge number of new community screenshots and videos for this game too, which you can check out on our Project CARS game profile page.Build 593 (25/10/13, Team Member+)
* Fix for array destruction
* Upped pool size for bcolour to match new data
* Code to allow us to be able to control the adaption rate
* Actual camera cycling working ingame in the Monitor screen (works on full screen target when monitor is up, reverts to initial camera angle when monitor is closed ? still need viewport)
* Fix for text entry dialogs not setting text when CONFIRM is pressed
* Implemented password protection of lobbies. Fixed few issues in Steam join protocol
* Fix for key lighitng not being setup for the moon at night
* Clear 5 daytime tweaks to make it look more punchy, including new colour cube amd sky tweaks
* Medium cloud 4 condition added, it?s a less saturated sky version of med cloud 03
* Clear 3 wtc is now a new version of clear 4 (vibrant blue sky and contrast look) but with less cyan hues in teh sky. Also added medium cloud 3 which is the same as the new clear3 but with cumulus cloud cover. Tweaked the cloud normal map so it has a bit more detail in the green channel for more realistic cloud shape in light and shade
* Desertgrass texturemaps
* Dubai: Swap of foliage palms and desertgrass, WIP. Big floolights added
* Mercedes SLS: New wheel textures ? black + silver lip
* Mercedes SLS: New wheel textures ? black + turquoise lip
* Ford GT40, Lotus 49 (defualt tires on both): Increased grass grip
* BMW Z4 GT3: removed door collision meshes to prevent doors opening
* Mercedes SLS GT3: UV mapping glass/paint finished, prepared for new export, new collision meshes, placeholder display, various fixes
* Gumpert Apollo: Collision mesh update to remove doors from detaching
* Gumpert Apollo: Cockpit animation files update for mirror vibrations
* Mercedes SLS GT3: Placeholder liveries added, RCF files set up
* Ford Mustang Boss 302R: ride height & bump stops, side aero, general tweaking
- Lewis Hamilton Q&A: This victory was for Bianchi
- Lewis Hamilton cruised to his ninth victory of the season in Russia, and in the process helped Mercedes secure their first Formula One constructors' championship.
Speaking after the race, Hamilton dedicated the win to the injured Jules Bianchi, saying the Frenchman - who remains in a critical condition following his accident at Suzuka - has never left his thoughts
- FIA post-race press conference - Russia
- Drivers: 1 - Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); 2 - Nico Rosberg (Mercedes); 3 - Valtteri Bottas (Williams)
Q: What a wonderful race guys - thank you very much. I know Lewis you are a real fan of Russia, of Russian racing. Now you've won the first Russian Grand Prix in 100 years exactly. How do you feel?
- Russia analysis - Rosberg left rueing costly error
- Nico Rosberg staged a remarkable recovery drive to finish second in Sochi on Sunday, but was left lamenting the opening-lap error which forced him into the pits and helped Mercedes team mate and race winner Lewis Hamilton open up a 17-point championship lead.
Williams' Valtteri Bottas was the only driver able to threaten the Silver Arrows, while a resurgent McLaren claimed their best team result since the 2014 season-opener in Australia
- Exclusive Helmut Marko Q&A: Ricciardo ready to lead Red Bull
- When Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel part ways at the end of the season, the team's motorsport consultant Helmut Marko is convinced they already have the perfect candidate to fill the void - Daniel Ricciardo.
In a candid interview, Marko discusses the manner of Vettel's departure, and why the form of Ricciardo and Daniil Kvyat, who will be promoted to the team in 2015, gives him confidence Red Bull will still be serious contenders
- Ocon earns Lotus test after F3 triumph
- Lotus junior driver Esteban Ocon is to test a two-year old Lotus F1 car as part of his ongoing development programme with the team and as a reward for winning the FIA Formula Three Championship in his rookie season.
Eighteen year-old Frenchman Ocon, who has been part of Lotus's junior programme since 2010, took an unassailable lead in the championship standings this past weekend
- Wolff: Mercedes keen to retain Hamilton-Rosberg line-up
- Any change to Mercedes' driver line-up for next season could be 'detrimental to the team's performance'. That is according to Mercedes-Benz head of motorsport Toto Wolff, who is eager to ensure that Lewis Hamilton remains on board for 2015
- Marussia: Bianchi's situation 'remains challenging'
- The Marussia team have released an update on the medical condition of driver Jules Bianchi, who suffered a severe head injury in a serious accident at the recent Japanese Grand Prix.
Bianchi remains critical but stable in the Mie General Medical Center in Yokkaichi
- Planning ahead - exclusive interview with McLaren's Eric Boullier
- One thing is certain about McLaren's 2015 car: it will be powered by Honda. As to who will drive it, that's another story. Despite some strong performances from the team's current duo - Kevin Magnussen and Jenson Button - neither driver has been confirmed for next season.
We caught up with team principal Eric Boullier to discuss driver plans, development cars, and the team's continued renaissance in Russia
- Ravetto: Caterham looking for a new base
- Caterham have confirmed they are looking to leave Leafield and move into new headquarters as part of ongoing restructuring and stabilising efforts.
Team principal Manfredi Ravetto said the team are aware they still face 'bumpy roads' in their fight to revive their fortunes
- Second winners of F1® Connectivity Innovation Prize announced
- Tata Communications has announced the winners of the second round of the F1 Connectivity Innovation Prize.
In a ground breaking initiative, Tata Communications, along with Formula One Management and Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team, launched a trailblazing contest to award a Grand Prize of USD $50,000 to a winning individual or team that was able to successfully answer one of three Challenges
- McLaren to bring in major updates before Abu Dhabi
- McLaren will introduce a 'major upgrade' package before the end of 2014 in a bid to capitalise on their current resurgence and aid their preparations for next year's Formula One world championship.
The team introduced a similarly significant set of updates in Singapore and have duly moved up the competitive order
- Hamilton and Rosberg told not to change approach
- Mercedes say that clinching the 2014 Formula One constructors' crown will not lead to changes in how Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg race each other over the final three Grands Prix of 2014.
There have been several flashpoints between the two this year, including an 'unacceptable' collision in Belgium, after which Mercedes stressed to both drivers that team objectives and silverware were the ultimate priority
- volution is 'working hard' to get Driveclub PS Plus Edition out as soon as possibl
- Evolution Studios has offered an update on the state of Driveclub‘s servers and the launch of the free PlayStation Plus Edition following the release of patch 1.04 yesterday. “More servers and new upgrades are still coming online hour-by-hour, so we expect improvements to server connectivity and reliability for everyone,” the developer wrote. “We will be bringing Face-offs back into play soon. Essential diagnostics are still running periodically (for the next 12 hours) to help us continue to improve server performance. This may disrupt online play for you when you ge.. News sourced from: Gamekicker.com
- Project CARS slitta a Marzo 2015
- "Il nostro obiettivo e sempre stato quello di assicurare un titolo eccezionale, in grado di soddisfare i desideri e i sogni di tutti i fan dei giochi di corse. Un gioco con feature e contenuti sostenuti dalla community che possa assicurare un vera e indimenticabile esperienza", ha dichiarato Ian Bell, Head of Studio di Slightly Mad Studios."Sebbene sia une decisione difficile da prendere, il cambiamento nella data di uscita permette al gioco la piu grande possibilita di successo e visibilita e l'opportunita di pulire il gioco ancora di piu, per raggiungere quegli standard che sia noi sia la .. News sourced from: DrivingItalia.net
- rFactor 2: Jacksonville e Mountain Peak in video
- Il team ISI ci mostra in video anteprima il tracciato di Jacksonville e di Mountain Peak, tutti e due in fase di sviluppo per rFactor 2. Tim Wheatley in persona ci spiega come si sta svolgendo il lavoro, anche sul software.Obviously one of the major features of our product is realroad, and you can certainly get loose coming off the high banking until the rubber builds. The track was converted from rF1 by a third party, then worked over by our track team. In terms of quality and looks, I would say it will look better than Quebec (our kart track) and similar in most places to Lime Rock. The tr.. News sourced from: DrivingItalia.net
- Project Cars Delayed Until March 2015 For Another Coat Of Polish
- There is much that 2014 will be remembered for, but the litany of delays will likely be the one that sticks in our memory. The latest title to fall is Slightly Mad Studios’ Project Cars. The title was slated for a November 18 release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. The Wii U version was already planned for 2015. All versions now have a new March release date except for Wii U, which is still unspecified. Publisher Bandai Namco confirmed the delay via its UK Twitter account. "#ProjectCARS will come out 20th March for PS4/XB1/PC," the company writes. "This is to allow @.. News sourced from: GameInformer.com
- roject Cars--a.k.a. the racing game that you need to squint at to make sure it's not real l
- Project Cars--a.k.a. the racing game that you need to squint at to make sure it's not real life --won't be coming out next month. It's being pushed back to March 17, 2015, which is when Slightly Mad Studios' creation will hit PC, PS4, Wii U and Xbox One,.Read more... News sourced from: Kotaku
- Nissan Primera BTCC for AC - New Preview Video
- Patrik Marek has released a new preview video of his Nissan Primera BTCC 1999 for Assetto Corsa. The post Nissan Primera BTCC for AC - New Preview Video appeared first on VirtualR - Sim Racing News. News sourced from: VirtualR.net
- Project CARS - Release Moved to 2015
- Slightly Mad Studios have announced that the release of their WMD-powered Project CARS title has been moved to March 2015. The post Project CARS – Release Moved to 2015 appeared first on VirtualR - Sim Racing News. News sourced from: VirtualR.net
- Mazda 787B for AC - Two New Previews
- AssiPazz has released new previews of his much-anticipated Mazda 787B for Assetto Corsa. The post Mazda 787B for AC - Two New Previews appeared first on VirtualR - Sim Racing News. News sourced from: VirtualR.net
- Driveclub's 1.04 stability update is out, fans still reporting issues
- Driveclub is finally out, but Sony hasn't had a very smooth launch so far for Sony and developer Evolution Studios. Along with a multitude of crash errors, Sony also took the PlayStation Plus version of the game offline temporarily to ease the server load. You can grab patch 1.04 now, which fixes server-side problems as well as multiple crashes and glitches, but users are still reporting errors, so it seems like Evolution Studios' work isn't done yet. Chris Owen News sourced from: Destructoid
- More Driveclub Woes As Users Report Problems Downloading New Update
- Driveclub’s servers and user experience are still facing trouble 10 days after launch. Evolution Studios rolled out a new patch yesterday, but the developer has acknowledged that users are having trouble downloading it. The issue is preventing some players from even loading the game. The official Driveclub Twitter offers the following advice for those who cannot download the patch. “Lots of reports from players having to retry the 1.04 download over & over for it to be successful,” the most recent statement, at 4 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, October 16, says. “Keep .. News sourced from: GameInformer.com
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- Sadly it looks like the issues with Driveclub will continue into the weekend. News sourced from: play.tm
- Driveclub Review | GameHaunt
- There are some promises with this game, and given the past screw ups from developer Evolution Studios, it could use a bit of success. Driveclub is overall all right albeit underwhelming. News sourced from: N4G.com
- Popularity of NASCAR's 'Ten-Time' still runs strong
- Hendrick Motorsports already has a driver nicknamed "Five-Time" in Jimmie Johnson, and another known as "Four-Time" in Jeff Gordon. After Thursday, though, Dale Earnhardt Jr. figures he might have both those multiple-time Sprint Cup champions beat.
- Emotional award caps Gordon's 'awkward' week
- Tears during Champions Week are nothing new for Jeff Gordon.
- Penske prepares for first big night in long career
- Even with all of Roger Penske's racing accolades and achievements -- his legendary status as a team owner, the Hall of Fame honors, the Daytona 500 victory and 15 Indianapolis 500 wins -- he insists it was a simple gesture in a single moment last week that brought it all home for him.
- Notes: Mandel spices up NASCAR interviews
- Comedian Howie Mandel brought his act to Las Vegas a day early -- and incognito.
- 2012 champion earns his hardware
- LAS VEGAS -- Calling himself a "lottery winner" NASCAR's newest Sprint Cup champion Brad Keselowski accepted his championship ring and $5 million paycheck then promised to post a photo of himself on Twitter celebrating later with a large, cold Miller Lite beer.
- Allmendinger seems a good fit for Phoenix Racing
- AJ Allmendinger might not be the perfect match for every team.
- Recent turn of events land Smith in Chase-quality car
- CONCORD, N.C. -- Regan Smith says he doesn't feel any additional pressure in taking over behind the wheel of Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s No. 88 Chevrolet.
- Biffle wins Charlotte pole with record-breaking lap
- Greg Biffle was cackling with laughter when he crossed the finish line Thursday night at Charlotte Motor Speedway, and it wasn't just because he set a track record in qualifying for Sunday's Bank of America 500.
- Gordon, others walk a fine line after hard hits
- Jimmie Johnson remembers, vaguely, how he felt the day after taking a hard hit in a Nationwide Series car when his brakes failed and he plowed into a wall during a race at Watkins Glen International.
- Weekend Preview: Revitalized Gordon aims to continue climb
- The last time Jeff Gordon headed to Charlotte Motor Speedway, his deficit in the Sprint Cup Series points manifested itself in a strikingly tangible form.
- Keselowski proud to carry on No. 2 tradition
- Brad Keselowski remembers racing against Rusty Wallace -- he was 9 years old and it was in a video game.
- Section of I-85 dedicated in honor of Gordon
- A 1.6-mile section of I-85 from the city of Charlotte corporate limits to the Cabarrus County line was dedicated Friday as the Jeff Gordon Expressway.