- BMW Designs A 42-Wheel, 19-Engine Car To Fulfill One Child's Fantasy
- BMW is one of those companies that gets respect and guff in big, heaping piles around here. They certainly make plenty of spectacular, iconic cars, from the 2002 to E30s to the 507 to even the little Isetta. They also sometimes seem to generate a following of arrogant, parking-line-ignorers
. Two sides of the big BMW coin.Read more...
- Hey, Car Companies — Here's How To Get Digital Gauges Right
- I know they're not to everyone's tastes, but I'm starting to like this trend towards these digital instrument panels being installed in everything from a Chevy Spark to basically the whole fleet of Jaguar and Land Rover products. Some of these are well done and are able to showcase a lot of information now that engineers give us so much control over the information we can get or the changes to our car's settings we have the freedom to make. Read more...
- Become the Memorial Day Grill Master
- Memorial Day marks the start of the serious grilling season, and there's no better weekend to bolster your grill-master game. Luckily, honing your outdoor culinary skills is a lot more simple than it seems, given the right tools, a little preparation, and a few tips on technique.Read more...
- The Best Time to Buy Anything During the Year
- A bit of planning can save you a ton of money when it comes to buying throughout the year. Here's your comprehensive, always up-to-date guide on the best times to buy everything this year.Read more...
- If Gearheads Got To Pick The Next Transportation Secretary
- America needs a new Transportation Secretary now that Ray LaHood is gone. Jalopnik readers have selected ten candidates perfect for the job.Read more...
- Why Fast And Furious 6 Will Be My Favorite Movie Of 2013
- The Fast and the Furious films are the ultimate guilty pleasure for any moviegoer that doesn't have to bring a tissue to their theater. They aren't realistic and they aren't ever that good, but they're a dependably fun watch with tons of action, great cars, and terrible cars that are great within the context of the ever-expanding universe of the film.Read more...
- 1941 Studebaker Champion: The Jalopnik Classic Review
- Remember the car you had at 16? I remember mine. A Wrigley's-gum beige 1968 VW Beetle I saved up $600 to buy when I was 15, then waited and stared at every day until I turned 16 and could actually drive it. Of course, it was wrecked within a year or so, because that's what usually happens to cars owned by 16 year old idiots.Read more...
- Why Are Japanese School Buses So Much Better Than Our School Buses?
- Remember going to school as a little kid? Specifically, think about that moment in the morning, waiting outside in the cold, barely awake and wondering if you actually did your math homework or just dreamed you did. Now picture seeing the school bus come lumbering down the street to collect you. What's the feeling in your gut?Read more...
- You Can Thank Two Hungarians For The Ford Model T And Much More
- Last Sunday was the 132th birthday of József Galamb, the Hungarian engineer who became the chief designer of the first mass produced car in the world, the Ford Model T. My mom sent a message that I should write about him, but I told her I was sure everybody knew his story already.Read more...
- This Corvette With A Honda Four-Banger Is Sadly Not Real
- This idea is so perverse I can't help but love it. It's a picture of what appears to be a nicely-polished Honda 1.8L B18 engine nestled in the engine bay of a Z06 Corvette. Now, to Corvette purists, this is the equivalent of getting a heart transplant from a mole — an abomination that also is just too feeble to actually even work.Read more...
- The Ten Biggest Car Jump Fails Caught On Camera
- Cars were born to fly, but jumps can easily go wrong. Jalopnik readers have put together the ten most painful, spine-crunching failed jump attempts in modern automotive history.Read more...
- Nazis Used This Volkswagen To Cross Lakes And Rivers
- Have you ever wanted an amphibious vehicle? Get in line, buddy! Luckily, this Volkswagen Type 166 Schwimmwagen is for sale in Connecticut — well, if you happen to have an extra $185,000 laying around.Read more...
- Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe Pebble Beach Special Edition
- At this year’s Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in Carmel, California which marked its 60th anniversary, Rolls-Royce introduced a bespoke Phantom Drophead Coupe that was unveiled by CEO Torsten Müller-Ötvös and Chief Designer Ian Cameron.
Sold within minutes, the new car is painted in a one-off Bespoke exterior colour called Stillwater Blue as a tribute [...]
- 2011 Renault Latitude introduced at the Moscow Motor Show
- Renault has big plans for the Russian market. the 2011 Renault Latitude was introduced at the Moscow International Motor Show.
The French manufacturer will also launch several new models to the Russian market such as Duster, the new automatic Logan, Sandero and Sandero Stepway as well as Fluence sedan and Megane hatchback. The Latitude [...]
- 2010 Moscow Motor Show: 2011 Vw Polo Sedan unveiled
- The new 2011 Volkswagen Polo saloon has just been unveiled at the 2010 Moscow Motor Show. VW said that the Polo saloon, which will be made at VW’s factory in Kaluga, Russia, was developed specifically for the Russian market, with consideration for its specific climate and street conditions.
The reason why small saloons are [...]
- Toyota and GM recalling over 1.3 million vehicles for engine stalling
- Toyota and General Motors, announced today that they will recall 1.3 million vehicles from the 2005-2008 model years due to complaints of engine stalling.
Toyota will recall 1.1 million Corolla and Corolla Matrix vehicles after more than 1,000 complaints were received, while GM will recall 200,000 Pontiac Vibes, including 162,000 in the United States. For those [...]
- Geely posted a forecast-beating 35% rise in first half earnings
- For the first half of the year, Geely Automobile Holdings exceeded forecasts and posted a 35% increase in earnings in China.
However, sales of Geely (whose parent purchased Ford’s Volvo unit this month) are expected to slow as its competitors gain ground in China, the world’s largest auto market. As Beijing offered incentives starting last year [...]
- Great Wall Motor plans to start overseas expansion
- Within the next three years, China’s Great Wall Motor Co. will begin to assemble vehicles from kits in Europe, Africa, the Philippines, South America and Malaysia. In late September, vehicle assembly is slated to begin in Senegal.
The Philippines will follow later this year. A company spokesman confirmed that operations will begin at plants in Bulgaria, [...]
- Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks rose 10 percent in July
- For the seventh straight month, sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks have increased. In July, 21,493 units were sold, a 10% increase.
This streak is remarkable because before this sales rebound, there had been three years of declines. Sales of Class 8 trucks increased by 28% to 9,589 units; however, there were sharp divisions by brand [...]
- Sonic to begin a test of no-haggle pricing at finance and insurance
- On Sept. 1, Sonic Automotive Inc. will start a test of no-haggle pricing at finance and insurance offices in two markets: Columbus, Ohio, and northern Virginia.
Sonic, the nation’s third-largest dealership group, said that this pilot is part of its attempts to make shopping faster and easier for customers, according to Jeff Dyke, Sonic’s executive vice [...]
- Bosch to expand Chinese plant
- Robert Bosch GmbH’s expansion of its existing plant and the construction of a new technical center in an economic development zone in the central China city of Changsha will be completed in mid-2012.
Bosch’s investment for this project amounts to 240 million yuan ($354 million). According to the deal with the zone administration, Bosch will lease [...]
- Paris Preview: 2011 Lotus Evora S and Evora IPS (Intelligent Precision Shift)
- After we saw the leaked e-mail, Lotus unveiled today the Evora S and Evora IPS (Intelligent Precision Shift) option. As expected, the Evora S is more powerful and now the 3.5-liter V6 engine delivers 350 PS (standard version delivers 280 PS) and 400 Nm of torque (295 lb ft).
The Evora S can sprint [...]
- Tata Motors planning to raise as much as $1 billion from selling securities
- Sources confirmed today that Tata Motors a.k.a. the owner of Jaguar and Land Rover, hired Credit Suisse Group AG and Citigroup Inc. in order to raise as much as a $1 billion from selling securities.
Apparently Tata may tap capital markets in the next month and may consider options including a private placement, shares with differential [...]
- 2010 Nissan Frontier recalled in the United States
- Because of failure to meet the requirements of child restraint anchorage systems (federal motor vehicle safety standard no. 225), Nissan is issuing a service campaign in the US and is calling back 951 Frontier vehicles.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said that the affected vehicles include those produced from June 10, 2010 through June [...]
- Espargaro delighted with best result yet
- MotoGP™ rookie Pol Espargaro produced a strong performance at the Monster Yamaha Tech3 Team’s home Grand Prix in Le Mans, finishing in fourth position for his best result yet in the premier class.
- Rossi on Marquez brilliance and Lorenzo mindset
- Valentino Rossi has joked that he wishes he had met Marc Marquez earlier in his career, having witnessed the fantastic form of the current MotoGP™ World Champion. The seven-time premier class title winner again finished second to the Spaniard in the fifth round of the World Championship at Le Mans in France last Sunday.
- Cuzari: "In Mugello we’ll race with a new chassis"
- A new chassis, Simone Corsi on a MotoGP™ machine, as well as rumours about Aleix Espargaro’s future were all on the list of topics to discuss as motogp.com caught up with NGM Forward Racing boss Giovanni Cuzari.
- Dall’Igna: ‘Lots of steps in the right direction’
- The new General Manager of Ducati Corse this year, Luigi Dall’Igna has already been able to enjoy a podium finish as well as a front row start. Following the French Grand Prix at Le Mans, the Italian spoke with motogp.com about the latest developments at Borgo Panigale, the changes with the bike and his relationship with the riders.
- GP Commission allows 340 mm brake discs at all tracks
- The Grand Prix Commission has unanimously decided, in the interests of safety, to modify the regulation concerning the front carbon disc brake sizes in the MotoGP™ class.
- Dunlop Motorsport to focus on Moto2™ and Moto3™
- Dunlop Motorsport has announced that it will not submit a tender for the 2016-2018 MotoGP™ tyre supply contract. Dunlop will continue to concentrate on its current supply partnerships, including focusing on winning in events with open tyre competition.
- Michelin statement following tyre supplier announcement
- Dorna Sports, promoter and organiser of the MotoGP™ World Championship, which is sanctioned by the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), has announced that Michelin will be the sole supplier of tyres to teams participating in the series from 2016.
- Michelin to become MotoGP™ Official Tyre supplier
- Following French tyre manufacturer Michelin’s official tender, Dorna is pleased to announce that Michelin is to become the Official Tyre Supplier to MotoGP™ as of the 2016 World Championship season.
- Rossi ready to battle with Marquez at 300th Grand Prix
- As MotoGP™ heads to Mugello for what is always one of the most anticipated rounds on the calendar, Valentino Rossi is all set for his 300th Grand Prix appearance - having achieved his 150th premier class podium last time out at Le Mans.
- Mugello’s great history of Grand Prix racing
- This weekend’s Gran Premio d'Italia TIM will be the 29th occasion that a GP has been held at the Mugello circuit, including 24 times in the consecutive years from 1991.
- Marquez mission to maintain perfect start
- The MotoGP™ World Champion and runaway standings leader Marc Marquez heads to Mugello for round six in perfect form but knows he will need 100% concentration to maintain his ideal start to the year.
- NGM Forward Racing team ready for home round
- The Gran Premio d'Italia TIM is a big occasion on the MotoGP™ calendar for the NGM Forward Racing team - who are based just 90km from Mugello in the town of Santa Maria a Monte, Pisa.
- 2014 Chevrolet Spark Review
- Chevrolet’s Korea-built city car gets a CVT for 2014, further cementing its place as the leader in its segment.
- 2014 Chevrolet Impala vs 2014 Toyota Avalon
- On paper, the Chevrolet Impala and Toyota Avalon are remarkably similar. But it's the difference that you can't discern from scanning a spec sheet that make the difference, so we put the two side-by-side to render a verdict. Which brand boasts the better front-wheel drive V6 cruiser: Toyota or Chevrolet?
- 2014 Land Rover LR4 Review
- The LR4 enters 2014 with a host of updates to remain relevant despite its age.
- 2014 Ford Fusion SE Review
- The Fusion has looks, but is hoping to improve its substance with a new refined turbocharged engine that will deliver better fuel economy.
- 2015 Lamborghini Huracán Review - Video
- Lamborghini says its new Huracán super sports car is both more refined and intense than the Gallardo it replaces. We couldn’t agree more!
- 2015 GMC Sierra Denali HD Review
- GMC’s new HD Trucks are refined, quiet and smooth, perhaps to a fault.
- 2014 Mazda3 vs 2014 Ford Focus
- Once corporate siblings, the Mazda3 and Ford Focus have now gone their own ways, so we’ve brought them together again for a family reunion of sorts.
- 2014 BMW M 235i vs 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG
- Buying a German performance car has never been more affordable. Pitting two new-era options from BMW and Mercedes against each other, we find out which of these machines delivers the biggest grins.
- 2015 Toyota TRD Pro Series Review
- The TRD Pro package is Toyota’s most comprehensive off-road special to date, but does it do enough?
- 2015 Volkswagen Golf Review
- With the all-new Golf, Volkswagen is looking to do more than bogey in the land of eagles. But does this birdie fly, or is it a poor attempt at a hole-in-one?
- 2014 Audi A4 2.0T Review
- The Audi A4 as we know it has been on sale in the U.S. since 2008. Essentially it’s gone unchanged for more than half a decade, but is it still competitive or do reinvigorated adversaries from Cadillac and BMW leave this car in the dust?
- 2015 Nissan Micra Review - Video
- Nissan introduces a new price leader in Canada that isn’t just affordable, but a decent car as well.
- MO Goes Ice Racing! - Video
- Two of Motorcycle.com's finest scribes traveled north to Wisconsin in the middle of winter to do a little ice racing on a Yamaha YZ450F. Read on to see how these California boys fared in the world of spiked tires.
- Knowing How to Brake Saves (the most) Lives
- With braking, the use it or lose it principle definitely applies, and skills can become rusty if not proactively attended to.
- 2013 Daytona Bike Week Report
- After a long offseason, bikers everywhere were more than ready to kickstart the 2013 rally season and headed out in droves to Daytona Bike Week.
- 2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale R Review - Video
- The Ducati Panigale R takes all the best parts of the sensational 1199 S and adds titanium connecting rods, a lightened flywheel and an adjustable swingarm pivot to create the most capable Ducati sportbike ever seen.
- The Truth about Drinking and Riding
- While no one will publicly declare alcohol consumption and motorcycling are OK, there remain definite problems in a culture offering mixed messages.
- 2013 Honda CBR600RR - First Ride Street Impression
- While not a new model, the 2013 Honda CBR600RR is slightly improved for slightly less money. Compared to a few of its competitors, it's missing some of the current technological catch phrases like TC and Ride Modes.
- Trail Bike Riding in Ontario
- Trail bike riding in Ontario seems to be a closely guarded secret even though the province has more trails available to off-road motorcycles than some European countries and most US states.
- 2013 Aprilia Caponord 1200 Review
- Aprilia's contribution to the do-it-all touring segment is finally here. The new Caponord 1200 revives an old name and is endowed with a slew of electronic gadgets and riding aids.
- Ten Questions with Five-Time Dakar Champ Cyril Despres
- We caught up with five-time Dakar champion Cyril Despres at Dealer Expo and asked him a few questions about this year's Dakar.
- Riding in the Rain and Wind
- Depending on your experience, skill, preparation and risk tolerance, riding a motorcycle in the rain can be anything from frightening to fun.
- Suzuki GSX-R History
- We take a look back at nearly three decades of GSX-R, highlighting some important milestones along the way. Thanks largely to the 1985 GSX-R750, today's sportbikes are often considered "racebikes with lights."
- Battle of the Motorcycle Expos
- The Dealernews International Powersports Dealer Expo in Indianapolis saw attendance drop significantly this year. Could that have something to do with the upcoming International Motorcycle Expo in Orlando?
- BMW’s Game Changer – A Vehicle That Is Redundant Before It’s Even On Sale
- BMW’s new nomenclature dictates that coupes have an even numbered naming convention, while sedans get an odd numbered digit. But with the BMW 4-Series Gran Coupe, BMW has managed to disrupt the integrity of it right off the bat. The Gran Coupe, said to be the black car in the center of the […]
- Audi Invests In Synthetic Gasoline From Sugar
- Audi’s bio-fuel initiative is expanding into France through an investment by the automaker to Global Bioenergies, whose bio-isooctane could be the replacement for petroleum gasoline when the time comes to make the switch. The bio-fuel is made from fermented sugar through genetic modification of E. coli bacteria to produce isobutane gas without poisoning the yeast […]
- Production-Ready Subaru Legacy To Make 2014 Chicago Auto Show Debut
- After its worldwide debut as a concept at the 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show last November, the Subaru Legacy is ready to show-off its production-ready ensemble at next week’s 2014 Chicago Auto Show. Though the teaser doesn’t offer much — as teasers are wont to do — it does offer glimpses of the sedan’s thin […]
- Up And Out Of A Hopeless Situation
- Sometime in the middle of the night, while I was hard at work moving pallets, opening boxes and arranging Christmas merchandise on the sales floor of the giant wholesale buyers’ club, the clouds moved in and it began to rain. The earth was cold and as soon as the first drop hit the ground it […]
- The Man For Whom They Made The Three Million Mile Badge
- Most marriages don’t last nearly as long as Irven Gordon’s Volvo P1800 has lasted. And most couples probably don’t spend as much time together as Irv has spent in his beloved car. Irv says he hadn’t even heard of Volvos until a few days before he bought the car, on June 30, 1966. At the […]
- Volvo V60 Polestar To Bow In Chicago
- I thought I preferred the subtlety of the brown XC70 Polestar I tested back in September. I was wrong. With 350 horsepower and all-wheel drive, this must be the most desirable wagon offered for sale on our shores, even without a manual transmission. Press days for the show run from Thursday, February 6th to […]
- Falling Out Of Panther Love
- On the twenty-fourth day after they pulled my Town Car from the ditch and dropped it off at a distant rural junkyard, the insurance adjuster finally made his way across the snow-covered gravel to take a look. My people had beaten the trillion-dollar corporation there by nineteen days, mostly to empty the bent Lincoln out […]
- 65 Years Later VW, Beetle, & Bus Enthusiasts Should Thank Ben Pon
- In one of those weird coincidences, Volkswagen of America is celebrating the 65th anniversary of the Beetle in the United States just as the last VW Type 2 (aka the Volkswagen bus) ever made, which was assembled in Brazil on December 20, 2013, arrived at the vintage vehicle museum in VW Commercial Vehicles’ headquarters in […]
- Sunday Story: Corrupting the Youth
- “Don’t be ridiculous, young lady. You need something SENSIBLE.” Jamie sat at the kitchen table, her head in her hands. Week 5 of the search for her first car had just dawned, and she was about ready to give in. Mother scowled as she scoured pans in the sink. This was all the fault of […]
- How Much, If Any, of This Chrysler 200 Ad’s Copy Did Bob Dylan Write?
- Chrysler marketeer Olivier Francois has been a master at getting enormous buzz from Chrysler’s Super Bowl commercials. Two years ago, they launched the memorable Imported From Detroit ad for the Chrysler 200, using music by Detroit area rapper Eminem. That ad was said by many to be more memorable than the 2011 200, a warmed […]
- 2014 Maserati Ghibli – Sergio’s Super Bowl Surprise
- Sergio Marchionne and crew surprised everybody by using the Super Bowl to premiere a long form ad (below) for the new Maserati Ghibli. One might question the wisdom of using the “big game” to promote a niche brand, but Sergio says he wants to sell 50,000 Maseratis a year and the Ghibli, which starts at […]
- Ferdinand Piech & Wolfgang Porsche Sued Over Failed VW Bid
- Porsche Automobil Holding SE’s supervisory board members and cousins Ferdinand Piech and Wolfgang Porsche are being sued by seven hedge funds that are seeking 1.8 billion euros ($2.4 billion) in compensation over damages they claim to have suffered as a result of the Porsche holding group’s failed 2008 attempt to purchase the Volkswagen Group. The civil […]
- Wolff: Merc rivalry intensifying
- Mercedes Executive Director Toto Wolfff admitted that the rivalry between Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg is 'getting a bit intense'...
- 'Lack of creativity stifling Ferrari'
- Ferrari are being prevented to live up to its potential due to the way the team was run in recently, according to design chief James Allison...
- Massa: Monaco not as hard as expected
- Felipe Massa admitted that he didn't find last week's Monaco Grand Prix as difficult behind the wheel of the Williams as he expected...
- Merc unity won't last forever - Boullier
- Eric Boullier believes unity within Mercedes will be impossible to uphold if the drivers continue to go toe to toe at the front of the grid...
- Hamilton will bounce back - Button
- Jenson Button believes Lewis Hamilton will be determined to regain the Drivers' Championship lead in Canada after the Mercedes driver was outpaced by team-mate Nico Rosberg in Monaco last week...
- Rosberg shocked after Merc accident
- Nico Rosberg admitted his shock after two people were injured during a promotional event the Mercedes driver participated in...
- Fernandes: Caterham not for sale
- Caterham owner Tony Fernandes has dismissed claims that the Formula One team's parent company is for sale...
- Vettel: Red Bull still has a chance
- With a major upgrade expected in June, Sebastian Vettel maintains Red Bull can still challenge Mercedes for the 2014 Constructor's title...
- Lowdon pleased with Marussia progress
- Marussia Sporting Director Graeme Lowdon believes last week's historic result in Monaco is just the start of a strong run for the Banbury team...
- Massa expected Kimi to struggle
- Felipe Massa admitted that he isn't at all surprised to see Kimi Raikkonen consistently out-performed by Fernando Alonso so far this season...
- Warwick explains Rosberg decision
- Monaco GP steward Derek Warwick has explained why Nico Rosberg was cleared of any wrong-doing during qualifying for last week's race...
- Montreal will be true indication - Horner
- Red Bull Team Principal Christian Horner believes his team will have a better indication of how much progress they've made in recent weeks at next week's Canadian Grand Prix...
- UK specialist looking to give TVR Tuscan a second life as Chevy-powered Titan
- Filed under: Classics, Coupe, Performance, GM, UK, Specialty
Classic World Racing TVR Titan - Click above for high-res image gallery
Might the quintessential British muscle car soon be blessed with the quintessential American muscle car powerplant? If UK-based racing specialist Classic World Racing gets its way, the answer is yes. The car is the TVR Tuscan - and we're talking about the beautiful 1968 version, for what it's worth - and the engine is none other than General Motors' undeniably excellent LS3 V8.
CWR has somehow managed to obtain the original molds for the old TVR Tuscan that had been sitting unused for decades in an old barn, after which the company built a race car using the molds for a client in Malaysia. Shortly thereafter, demand for a roadgoing version was deemed strong enough to make the necessary modifications to make it street legal. In this new form, CWR chose to call the machine the Titan.
Power figures for the Yankee-sourced 5.7-liter V8 engine start at 480 horsepower and go from there, and those ponies will be sent to a limited-slip differential at the rear wheels through a five-speed manual transmission. Couple that prodigious output with a weight of just 2,160 pounds (980 kilograms) and you've got a recipe for formidable performance. Price? Around £42,500 (plus VAT) in the UK - that's about $65,500 dollars. Check out our high-res image gallery below and read the press release after the break.
Gallery: Classic World Racing TVR Titan
[Source: Classic World Racing via Piston Heads]Continue reading UK specialist looking to give TVR Tuscan a second life as Chevy-powered TitanUK specialist looking to give TVR Tuscan a second life as Chevy-powered Titan originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Video: Audi R8 Spyder gets lead role in Iron Man 2
- Filed under: Convertible, Performance, Videos, Audi, Celebrities, Luxury
Audi R8 Spyder in Iron Man 2 - Click above to watch video after the jump
We're officially counting down the days until Iron Man 2 hits theaters on May 7. The sequel to one of our favorite superhero flicks is set to boast a serious cast, including performances by Don Cheadle and Micky Rourke. Speaking of those two, the actors will be bringing two of the best characters from the Iron Man universe to life - War Machine and Whiplash. Oh yes. It will be good.
Of course, one of the best parts of watching Robert Downey Jr. play the part of spoiled playboy Tony Stark is drooling over the guy's bachelor pad/garage. We would give unmentionable portions of our anatomy to have our very own holographic drafting table and pint-sized manufacturing facility stashed downstairs. You can go ahead and throw in the flathead '32 roadster while you're at it.
Audi has once again teamed up with Marvel for Iron Man 2. A new ad from the company shows off the R8 Spyder as one of Stark's main rides, which makes sense considering the car was spotted on the set not too long ago. As if we needed another reason to be jealous. Hit the jump to see the spot for yourself.
Gallery: Audi R8 5.2 FSI Spyder
[Source: Audi via YouTube]Continue reading Video: Audi R8 Spyder gets lead role in Iron Man 2Video: Audi R8 Spyder gets lead role in Iron Man 2 originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- iPhone 4.0 software hints at automotive integration, new dock
- Filed under: Technology
Our Apple-obsessed brethren at TUAW have been probing the company's new iPhone 4.0 software and, with the help of a trusted tipster, came across what could be a new automotive-related feature buried within the update.
The new software will apparently allow a "iPod out" functionality, which could be integrated into vehicles utilizing the iPod Accessory Protocol. While that's nothing new, the software tweaks have the potential to allow users to control music and other content through the iPhone (or by relation, the iPod Touch or iPad), turning the device into a separate remote control of sorts.
If that's the case, there's a distinct possibility that Apple - or third party accessory manufacturers - could develop a car kit complete with a dock, buttons and custom menus. The video after the jump provides a snooze-worthy tease of the functionality, and if this software sleuthing is to be believed, we might see some kind of Apple-branded car kit released by year's end.
[Source: TUAW]Continue reading iPhone 4.0 software hints at automotive integration, new dockiPhone 4.0 software hints at automotive integration, new dock originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Pics Aplenty: Audi RS5 officially unloaded to the Internet
- Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Europe, Audi, Luxury
2011 Audi RS5 - Click above for high-res image gallery
Good news, Quattroheads: Audi has just unloaded a boatload of new images of the RS5 coupe in red, white and blue doing its thing all over some beautiful roads in Europe. We feel the need to point out where these shots were snapped simply because the German automaker has not yet announced any plans to bring its ubercoupe Stateside. And we therefore shed a tear.
Then again, maybe there's hope after all - we have heard rumors that Audi was at least considering blessing us Americans with the RS5... though nothing substantiated by any other reliable sources. In any case, it's always a good time to gaze upon 4.2 wonderful liters of naturally aspirated goodness with 450 horsepower and 317 pound-feet of torque sent to all four wheels, right? Right. So go ahead and click through the high-res image gallery below.
Gallery: 2011 Audi RS5
[Source: Audi]Pics Aplenty: Audi RS5 officially unloaded to the Internet originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Report: Toyota Prius minivan coming in 2011
- Filed under: Hybrid, Minivan/Van, Toyota
Toyota Hybrid X Concept - Click above for high-res image gallery
We've been hearing the rumors for over a year, and it's now looking increasingly likely that Toyota is getting ready to launch a new hybrid minivan that will wear the Prius nameplate. If true, this would be the first completely new vehicle added to the Prius stable, where it would join the well-known hatchback sometime in 2011.
According to Reuters (which is citing the Japanese Nikkei), this new Prius hybrid minivan may be the first such vehicle from Toyota equipped with an in-house developed lithium ion battery pack. The three-row vehicle, which we can only presume would also have sliding doors, would potentially seat up to seven people, expanding Toyota's hybrid technology further into the family-use market.
No other details are available other than the notion that Toyota would like to keep the price close to that of standard minivans currently on the market. Stay tuned for more as we hear it.
Gallery: Geneva Motor Show: Toyota Hybrid-X concept
[Source: Reuters via The Truth About Cars]Report: Toyota Prius minivan coming in 2011 originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Video: Pagani Zonda R commerical is pure pr0n
- Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Marketing/Advertising, Videos
Pagani Zonda R promo - Click above to watch video after the jump
The Pagani Zonda R comes down to three words: More. Track. Focused. Yet, what good would it to do merely imagine that focus? We'll have none of that. What we will have is rather dramatic high-res video of one, and then two, Zonda Rs on track in the rain, making roostertails as they slide their own tails. In fact, no more talking about it - follow the jump to watch to watch the twelve-cylinder wet dream in action.
Gallery: Pagani Zonda R
[Source: Runimation Studios]Continue reading Video: Pagani Zonda R commerical is pure pr0nVideo: Pagani Zonda R commerical is pure pr0n originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:40:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments
- SMS Supercars pulls the wraps off 2011 302 Mustang
- Filed under: Aftermarket, Coupe, Performance, Ford
2011 SMS 302 Mustang - Click above for high-res image gallery
It's been nearly a year since SMS Supercars first showed us a rendering of their proposed 460 Mustang. And we had nearly given up hope that it would ever come out. But sure enough, Steve Saleen and the rest of his crew have been hard at work developing the new SMS Mustang. That car, now named the 302 Mustang due to the V8's displacement change for 2011, was officially unveiled today at the company's headquarters in Corona, CA.
Two separate versions of the 302 Mustang will be offered, including a naturally aspirated base 4V model and a supercharged 302SC Mustang. The 4V will produce 440 horsepower thanks to a few powertrain tweaks, while the supercharged model will boast 535 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque.
Both Mustangs will have a slew of standard features including the new SMS body kit, hood with heat-extracting grilles, 20-inch wheels and tires, upgraded suspension and brakes, and numerous interior appointments including Alcantara seats, 200 mph gauges, short-throw shifter and more. The styling appears to be a mix of the previous generation Saleen Mustang, also penned by SMS designer Phil Frank, along with the new design language featured on the SMS 570 Challenger. We especially like the elongated rear end that helps hide the awkward taillights, although we would probably do away with the massive spoiler.
As you'd expect from a Steve Saleen product, each model will offer impressive performance figures. SMS quotes a 0-60 mph time of under 4.5 seconds for the base 302 Mustang while the supercharged version can perform the same task in just 4.3 seconds. A higher performance model is also in the works, named the 351X Mustang, which we should learn more about in just a few months.
Pricing for both models is just about what we would expect, which is fairly expensive. The 302 4V starts at $54,990 while the 302SC Mustang will cost $64,990. Follow the jump for more details on both cars or browse through both of the live galleries below.
Gallery: 2011 SMS 302 Mustang
Gallery: 2011 SMS 302 Mustang Unveiling
Photos by Drew Phillips / Copyright (C)2010 Weblogs, Inc.Continue reading SMS Supercars pulls the wraps off 2011 302 MustangSMS Supercars pulls the wraps off 2011 302 Mustang originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:55:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Daily U-Turn: What you missed on 4.16.10
- Long-Term Update: Touring our Subaru Legacy 2.5GT's birthplace
We take a tour of Subaru's Indiana production center to see where our new bouncing burgundy baby comes from.
BMW sets price on new 5-er; says no price too high for independence
BMW sets the pricing on the all-new 5 Series and confirms its new city car project, while U.S. marketing and product head Jack Pitney offers up his thoughts on the competition's recent partnerships and BMW's new tag-line.
Ford Gets An Earful: Five best and worst ideas from consumers
Ford asked, you answered and we've rounded up the five best and worst ideas to come into the suggestion box.
Also of interest:
Top Gear takes blame for Icelandic volcano eruption
Reuters: Unified Toyota lawsuits set in motion by judge
Video: KBB gets down, dirty and airborn with the Ford Raptor
Video: Sébastien Buemi unhurt in crazy Shanghai F1 GP practice crash
IndyCar switches up qualifying payouts for more exciting 500 pole shootout
Browse our archive of Daily U-Turn posts or subscribe to the RSS feed
Daily U-Turn: What you missed on 4.16.10 originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- 2011 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2010 BMW M3: Tie Game? [w/poll]
- Filed under: Coupe, Budget, Performance, BMW, Ford, Luxury
Ford Mustang GT and BMW M3 - Click above for high-res image gallery
Alright, fan boys (and girls), prepare for battle. The ever keen-eyed Sam Smith over at Jalopnik has spied an interesting phenomenon in the car universe. The new 2011 Ford Mustang GT performance figures are within spitting distance of the mighty 2010 BMW M3. The Bavarian bruiser produces 414 horsepower out of its milky-smooth 4.0-liter V8 and hits the scales at 3,652 lbs. Meanwhile, the 5.0-liter Mustang serves up two less horsepower, but weighs 40 pounds less, too.
At this point, odds are your blood is pumping no matter which side of the ring you happen to find yourself on. Stats that close yield frighteningly similar numbers when the two cars hit the track, too. The M3 can clip off the 0-60 dash in 4.3 seconds. The Mustang can do it in 4.4. Quarter mile? Deadlocked at 12.7 seconds at 111.3 mph.
It's true, a quarter mile doth not a sports car make, which is why these next figures are so important. While the M3 can come down from 60 mph in 105 feet, the Mustang can do the same in 104. And here's the real shocker: Both cars hold onto the skidpad at .97 g. Now, before the comments go superfly TNT, it's worth noting that the as-tested BMW will set you back an eye-widening $28,180 more than the Ford. We could think of a thing or two to do with an extra 30-large.
So the question remains, which would you take home?
Gallery: First Drive: 2011 Ford Mustang GT
Gallery: Review: 2008 BMW M3
[Source: Jalopnik]2011 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2010 BMW M3: Tie Game? [w/poll] originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:24:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Volkswagen and Stanford: Parking Cars Without People [w/video]
- Filed under: Technology, Videos, Audi, Volkswagen
Volkswagen and Stanford's Autonomous Vehicle Program - Click above for high-res image gallery
Yesterday at Stanford University, the world's valets were put on notice. The crew at Volkswagen's Vehicle Innovation Lab (VAIL) hosted an event for German Chancellor Angela Merkel, where the diplomat from Deutschland got to see first-hand what VW has been working on for the past five years, and what kind of practical implementations are around the corner.
The VAIL team was the first group to complete the DARPA Grand Challenge with a fully autonomous Touareg that scaled over 130 miles of the Mojave Desert in 2005. The original self-driven vehicle, Stanley, has evolved into Stanley 2, a Passat wagon with enough computing power to completely fill the boot. That vehicle took second place at an urban course for the 2007 DARPA Challenge and now that technology has been scaled down, refined and put into another diesel-powered Passat to show off one of the many uses for the autonomous tech.
After Merkel caught a plane home and the crowds subsided, we scored a ride in the self-propelled Passat and discovered that the days of parking attendants are officially numbered.
Gallery: Volkswagen and Stanford's Autonomous Vehicle Program
Photos by Damon Lavrinc / Copyright (C)2010 Weblogs, Inc.Continue reading Volkswagen and Stanford: Parking Cars Without People [w/video]Volkswagen and Stanford: Parking Cars Without People [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:56:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Jody Scheckter launches Lormarins 1200 with £10m in classics
- Filed under: Motorsports, Classics, Jaguar, UK, Celebrities
Lormarins 1200 launch in London - Click above for image gallery
If you're into classic cars and vintage rallies, you know the Mille Miglia, but you likely haven't heard of the Lormarins 1200. Not yet, at least, because it was just announced and has yet to take place. Unlike the Mille Miglia, upon which it's modeled, the Lormarins 1200 is a new event and not a revival. The inaugural running is scheduled for October in South Africa's Western Cape wine region, and to announce it, organizers brought out the big guns.
Former F1 world champion Jody Scheckter took the wheel of a 1952 Jaguar C-Type and lead a £10 million convoy of classics through London's Mayfair district. South Africa's ambassador in London, Dr. Zola Skweiyiya, rode shotgun. They were joined by a 1932 Alfa Romeo 8C Monza and a 1957 Ferrari 250 GT Tour de France - one of only seven ever made. But that's nothing compared to the 40 to 50 cars expected to take part in the full rally. In the meantime, you can check out the details in the press release after the jump and the photos in the gallery below.
Gallery: Lormarins 1200 launch in London
[Source: Lormarins 1200]Continue reading Jody Scheckter launches Lormarins 1200 with £10m in classicsJody Scheckter launches Lormarins 1200 with £10m in classics originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Next-gen Hyundai Accent caught totally undisguised
- Filed under: Spy Photos, Budget, Sedan, Hyundai
2011 Hyundai Accent spy shots - Click above for high-res image gallery
Looks like we were spot on in our assessment of what we happened to catch out testing near Disneyland in California. As we suspected, the car in question is the next-generation Hyundai Accent, a fact you can clearly discern by comparing our spy shots and an earlier Korean "naked" shot with the two images in our gallery below from auto.ifeng.com.
As you can see, the next-gen Accent takes on a mini-Sonata look, with a heavily-rounded, arcing greenhouse, a prominent chrome-topped grille, and deeply-sculpted sheetmetal everywhere in between. Note also the absolutely massive headlights situated above squared-off fog lamps.
Still second-guessing what you may be gazing at? Take a closer look at the decklid. From what we can tell, the badge on the right reads Verna - that's the Accent's moniker in some foreign markets (including South Korea). See for yourself in our image gallery below. Thanks for the tip, Rudy!
Gallery: 2011 Hyundai Accent Spy Shots
[Source: auto.ifeng.com via GenCoupe Forums]Next-gen Hyundai Accent caught totally undisguised originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments
- Assetto Corsa: Lotus & Pagani Previews
- Kunos Simulazioni have released new previews of the Lotus Exige S and Pagani Huyara, which will both feature in their upcoming simulation Assetto Corsa.
Both sets of previews are available here, and in addition a preview video of the Pagani can be seen here.
For more information on the game, don't forget to visit our Assetto Corsa game profile, and you can keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- Project CARS: Build 549 Released
- Slightly Mad Studios have released build 549 of Project CARS.
Amongst many other fixes, new sounds for some of the game's cars have been added, improving on the WIP ones previously included.
The latest download will be applied via Steam, and a full list of changes can be seen below.
Don't forget to visit our Project CARS game profile for much more on this game, and you can keep up to date by following us on Twitter.Build 549 (27/8/13, Team Member+)
* Fix for bad coords
* Fix for missing return.
* Fix for missing brace on DX9 triangle draw.
* Additional new pixel definition variable
* Added in new index buffer tyep to handle point lists
* Added in functions to get Cuda handlers for the generic prims
* New setup for weather system loading
* Split up the environment data into 4 section which we can load and unload separately therefore allowing us to be able to control the systems data more. The sections are, Base Render data (rendertargets etc..) , Weather condition data , Level Data (skyrings etc) and Lighting Data. All render and weather data is now loaded as a boot phase and kept as persistent throughout the entire game. This will help load times to track and also reduce memory fragmentation when loading and unload textures
* Career Calendar updates, fix to map not displaying, linked up record panel (wip).
* All new BMW M1 Procar incar and external engine sets, plus an AI version. Update also includes the latest sound events such as int/ext gearshifts, backfires/splutters and distant rolloffs and trajectory. Listen for the carburetor opening up and hear the air getting sucked in
* Dubai: National and Club new AIW?s for changes in the track geometry. All 4 layououts added new pit lane paths (previously missing), expanded grid sizes from 16 to 36 and pit area to 18
* Volusia: Add textures for bistro
* BMW M3 E30 Group A: Adjustable weight distribution and setup tweaks for the revised tire
- Forza 5: Two New Video Previews
- Two new videos for Forza Motorsport 5 have been posted online following previews of the game at this year's Gamescom show.
Both videos show in-game footage from the latest in the Forza series, and can be seen here.
For more on this upcoming title, visit our Forza Motorsport 5 game profile, and don't forget you can keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- WRC 4: New Gameplay Footage
- New gameplay footage of WRC 4 has emerged online, following the game's presentation at this year's Gamescom.
All five videos show in-game footage, and can be seen here.
Don't forget to visit our WRC 4 game profile for much more on this game, and you can also keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- Gran Turismo 6: 56 New Screenshots
- Polyphony Digital have released 56 new screenshots for Gran Turismo 6, showing off some of the cars included in the game such as the Ford Focus ST and Pagani Huayra, as well as the first previews of the Brands Hatch track.
All of the screenshots are available to view here, and a preview video of the Pagani Huayra is available here.
Don't forget to visit our Gran Turismo 6 game profile for more on this title, and you can keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- Project CARS: Build 562 Released & 158 Screens
- Slightly Mad Studios have released build 562 of Project CARS, making various changes and improvements to the ongoing development of the sim. A full list of changes is below, and if you have the alpha version you'll need to update via Steam.
We've also added 158 new screenshots for the title, and to see these and for more information on this game, make sure you visit our Project CARS game profile.Build 562 (13/9/13, Team Member+)
* WiiU another particle rendering fix (smoke and racing line now are correct)
* WiiU support for Occlusion Queries.
* WiiU particle bug-fixing (colours and missing prims)
* WiiU fix for flickering instances (needed double buffering)
* GT3 Slick: Fixed excessive wear on the soft and hard compounds. Still not truly calibrated for realistic wear rate
* Re-worked tires pressures and buildup on the Caterham and Ariel tires to better match the listed pressures used
* Azure Circuit: Fixed spec and added alpha channel, added nmp, add missing emm for streetlamps
* Dubai: Added latest assets, fixed wrong green blend edge along the kerbs, added pitentry chevrons, tweaked road/asphalt textures
* Azure Coast: Add new buildings with emm maps, merge JanP assets, merge TomT assets, clean layers, fix position for some buildings, add emm map for street lights (+- 30% done), fix pivot position, fix lod distance
* Formula C: WIP on making the LODX
* BMW M3 GT: Setup changes to suit the latest tires
Build 561 (12/9/13, Team Member+)
* Tires: FlexiCarcass development, FC development, FFB tightening options, Monza kinda-thermal experiment on HUD tire widget (for FC)
* GT3 and Group A slick tires: Updates based on CPFT feedback
* WiiU full implementation of Depth of Field. Fixed bonnect cam capture
* Adding variable height capability to list items and lists
* Fixing sub list creation and filling out data
* Eifelwald: Added GP variations. Sprint, Sprint Short, Mullenbach
* Azure Coast: Add missing emm and spec map for buildings
* BMW Z4 GT3: Tweaks to default setup and an experiment with the tire scrub override sound parameter
* Caterham R500 and Classic: Fixed track bar being above the axle centerline (and hence rear roll center). This fixes most of the up on 2 wheels experienced. re-adjusted setup accordingly (this added understeer). Raised default tire pressures and adjusted the optimum pressure shapes. Some drop in flash tire temp on the R500
Build 560 (11/9/13, Team Member+)
* BHashTable: Added tHashPtr and tPtrKey types for use with pointer keys and hashes to allow for different sizes between platforms
* Updated RenderBridge and VehicleFactory to use new hash types
* Updated the Session Mask in the Race Rules to match the newly adjusted Session enum
* WiiU full implementation of Motion-blur / Post processing filters
* WiiU: w-i-p updates for ProController input sets and WiiU device registration
* Misc: Added IsMPMode test before sending disqualify event
* WiiU: Fixed warning
* WiiU: Added basic pro controller support
* WiiU fix for DashBoardGUIHandler not being excluded from project (it?s in the unity file)
* WiiU add MotionBlurUsingLinearDepthFlags technique which allows the continued use of a compressed HDR format that lacks an alpha channel for the LinearDepthFlags to Alpha method
* Azure Circuit: New textures
* Dubai: New Dynamic Safety Pillows, new foliage instances added, datepalms and desert grass
* Azure Coast: Add emm for more buildings, add missing nmp map
* Eifelwald: Added Eifelwald Stage 1, 2 and 3
* Eifelwald: Stages basic AIW changed
Build 559 (10/9/13, Team Member+)
* WiiU fix SSAO context state bug when SSAO is turned off
* WiiU full implementation of SSAO Control.
* Snap and align feature
* WiiU fixed SSAO const global parameters (they get stripped because they are constant and can?t then be set by the runtime!)
* FFB: Added a touch of smoothing to RackScale and Mz to prevent spikes and low speed vibrations
* Anhalt: Dynamic Physics
* Anhalt: XLC file
* Dubai: New textures
* Azure Coast: Add emm for more buildings, add missing nmp map anf baked small ao map for some buidling around the track
Build 558 (9/9/13, Team Member+)
Steam-based multiplayer WIP:
* Implemented admin call: kick session member
* All new Pagani Huayra incar and external engine sets, plus an AI version. Update includes extra layers of hard-offloaded exhaust crackles a and unique pully whine. Includes the lastest distant rolloffs and trajectory. Please Note: The int/ext backfires and gearshifts require bespoke sounds. I?ll add these over the next couple of days. Please take the time to listen to the lower RPM details ? especially from trackside ? short shifting and crusing around slowly is a lot of fun THEN hit the gas and hang on!
* Azure Coast: Add emm texture for riv_carlhotel
* Connecticut Hill: Add textures for timer tower and sunoco sign
* Volusia Circuit: In field perimeter fencing, merged latest, terrain fixes near lake, cut terrain near garages, fixed popping assets, In field perimeter fencing, merged latest, terrain fixes near lake, cut terrain near garages
* BMW M3 E30 GroupA: Reuploading after a connection problem.
- F1 2013: 8 New Videos Added
- We've added 8 new videos for F1 2013, which is due to be released on October 4th.
The videos are:
* F1 2013 Classic Version Trailer
* Eddie Irvine Brands Hatch
* Damon Hill vs Michael Schumacher at Imola (3 videos)
* F1 2013 Estoril Race (DDBox)
* F1 2013 Monza Hotlap
* F1 2013 Jerez Classic Hotlap
All of these are available to view from our F1 2013 videos page.
Don't forget you can also keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- F1 2013: Steering Wheel Support List
- Codemasters have released a full list of steering wheels which will be supported by F1 2013.
The full list is below. Don't forget for much more on this title, make sure you visit our F1 2013 game profile.PC Supported Wheels
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel with Force Feedback
ECCI Trackstar 6000
Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
Fanatec CSR Elite
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech Formula Force EX/RX
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel K
Logitech MOMO Racing Force (Racing)
Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition
Thrustmaster Universal Challenge 5-in-1 Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 wheel Integral T500
Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP Racing Wheel
Atomic Super Sport Evo Steering Wheel
Logic3 Tri Format Topdrive GT
Logic3 Tri Format Topdrive RF
SimRaceWay SRW-S1 Steering Wheel (NEW)
Atomic TVR Sagaris Sport Racing Steering Wheel
PlayStation 3 Supported Wheels
Atomic Super Sport
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
Fanatec ClubSport (NEW)
Fanatec CSR Elite (NEW)
Logic 3 TopDrive GT
Logic 3 TopDrive RF
Logitech Driving Force
Logitech Driving Force EX/RX
Logitech Driving Force GT
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch
Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel
Xbox 360 Supported Wheels
Microsoft 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
Logitech Drive FX Wheel
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
Fanatec CSR Elite (NEW)
Joytech Nitro Racing Wheel
MadCatz Wireless Racing Wheel
- Assetto Corsa: New Lotus, Type 125 and Ferrari Previews
- Kunos Simulazioni have released 8 new previews of various cars which will feature in their upcoming Assetto Corsa, including Lotus 49, Type 125, and Ferrari 312.
All of these are available to view on our screenshots page.
Don't forget for much more on this title visit our Assetto Corsa game profile, and you can also keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- WRC 4: New Videos & Screenshots
- We have posted several videos and screenshots for the upcoming WRC 4 title.
You can see all of these, and much more information about the game on our WRC 4 game profile.
Don't forget you can also keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- Assetto Corsa ? Ferrari 312T Announced
- Kunos Simulazioni have announced that the Ferrari F312T will be included in the release version of Assetto Corsa, which is the car Niki Lauda raced in 1975 which also features in the recently-released Rush movie.
We've added several preview screenshots of the Ferrari to our screenshots page.
For more information on the game, visit our Assetto Corsa game profile, and don't forget to keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
- Project CARS: Build 593 Added
- Slightly Mad Studios have released build 593 of Project CARS, which makes various improvements to the game.
You can see the full list of improvements below, and this update will be applied automatically once you launch the game via Steam.
We've added a huge number of new community screenshots and videos for this game too, which you can check out on our Project CARS game profile page.Build 593 (25/10/13, Team Member+)
* Fix for array destruction
* Upped pool size for bcolour to match new data
* Code to allow us to be able to control the adaption rate
* Actual camera cycling working ingame in the Monitor screen (works on full screen target when monitor is up, reverts to initial camera angle when monitor is closed ? still need viewport)
* Fix for text entry dialogs not setting text when CONFIRM is pressed
* Implemented password protection of lobbies. Fixed few issues in Steam join protocol
* Fix for key lighitng not being setup for the moon at night
* Clear 5 daytime tweaks to make it look more punchy, including new colour cube amd sky tweaks
* Medium cloud 4 condition added, it?s a less saturated sky version of med cloud 03
* Clear 3 wtc is now a new version of clear 4 (vibrant blue sky and contrast look) but with less cyan hues in teh sky. Also added medium cloud 3 which is the same as the new clear3 but with cumulus cloud cover. Tweaked the cloud normal map so it has a bit more detail in the green channel for more realistic cloud shape in light and shade
* Desertgrass texturemaps
* Dubai: Swap of foliage palms and desertgrass, WIP. Big floolights added
* Mercedes SLS: New wheel textures ? black + silver lip
* Mercedes SLS: New wheel textures ? black + turquoise lip
* Ford GT40, Lotus 49 (defualt tires on both): Increased grass grip
* BMW Z4 GT3: removed door collision meshes to prevent doors opening
* Mercedes SLS GT3: UV mapping glass/paint finished, prepared for new export, new collision meshes, placeholder display, various fixes
* Gumpert Apollo: Collision mesh update to remove doors from detaching
* Gumpert Apollo: Cockpit animation files update for mirror vibrations
* Mercedes SLS GT3: Placeholder liveries added, RCF files set up
* Ford Mustang Boss 302R: ride height & bump stops, side aero, general tweaking
- Race - Rosberg triumphs in Monaco to regain points lead
- Nico Rosberg withstood intense pressure from Mercedes team mate Lewis Hamilton to claim his second straight victory on the streets of Monte Carlo on Sunday, moving back into the championship lead in the process.
Hamilton had vision problems late on and had to fend off Daniel Ricciardo's charging Red Bull, while lower down the order Jules Bianchi earned Marussia's first ever world championship points
- Monaco stats - Rosberg, Marussia strike gold in Monte Carlo
- In a city famed for its casinos, there were two teams who really hit the jackpot in Monte Carlo on Sunday - Mercedes and Marussia.
The Silver Arrows scored their sixth victory in a row and fifth successive one-two, while Nico Rosberg won his second race in the Principality in as many seasons
- Nico Hulkenberg Q&A: We punched above our weight
- Force India's Nico Hulkenberg produced another impeccable drive in Monaco to record his sixth successive points finish, seeing off the challenge of the McLarens in the process.
After the race the German spoke to reporters about his day, including that unbelievable move on Kevin Magnussen at Portier
- Kevin Magnussen Q&A: Incidents masking McLaren progress
- After qualifying seventh and running as high as sixth in Monaco, Kevin Magnussen seemed poised to score serious points for the first time since his startling podium in Australia.
Incidents scuppered such hopes and restricted him to a solitary point in tenth, but the Dane insists McLaren are finally making progress and back on an upward trend
- Bianchi hails Marussia determination after first points
- Jules Bianchi has praised Marussia's fighting spirit after his determined drive to ninth place in Monaco netted the team their first F1 points at the 83rd time of asking.
The Frenchman started Sunday's race in 21st after taking a five-place grid drop for an unscheduled gearbox change. But after a decent start he gradually moved up the order with some hard racing
- Monaco analysis - Rosberg keeps his eye on the prize
- With Mercedes team mate Lewis Hamilton having won the previous four races, Nico Rosberg knew he had to stop the rot in Monaco - and that's exactly what he did.
Some had voiced their doubts about Rosberg's error en route to pole position, but there was no arguing with the way the German took his second victory in the Principality - even if Hamilton's challenge was thwarted in somewhat unusual fashion
- Ferrari confident of making 'good step' in Canada
- Ferrari will be significantly faster in Canada than they were in Monaco as a result of a planned upgrade package, according to technical director James Allison.
Fernando Alonso finished fourth in Monte Carlo, while team mate Kimi Raikkonen was running a very strong third in the early stages, only for his podium hopes to be scuppered by a series of maladies that consigned him to 12th
- Leimer completes test with Pirelli and Lotus
- Swiss driver Fabio Leimer, last year's GP2 champion, tested a 2012 Lotus F1 car on Tuesday as part of his prize from tyre suppliers Pirelli for winning the series.
Leimer, 25, completed 78 laps and around 300 kilometres of the Paul Ricard circuit in the south of France, run in 3.8-kilometre configuration and using part of the famous Mistral straight
- McLaren will be in even better shape in Montreal - Boullier
- McLaren racing director Eric Boullier is convinced McLaren will take another step forward in Canada, as new upgrades and a changing philosophy continue to lift the team.
Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen both broke into the top ten in Monaco - the first time both men have scored in the same race since Malaysia - helping to raise McLaren above Williams and into fifth in the constructors' championship
- Magnussen's 'rookie syndrome' won't limit McLaren
- McLaren's development efforts are not being held back by having rookie Kevin Magnussen at the team, racing director Eric Boullier insists.
Magnussen made a sensational start to his Formula One race career by finishing second in Australia - becoming the first rookie since Lewis Hamilton in 2007 to reach the podium on his F1 debut - but since then both his and McLaren's form has tailed off
- Hamilton/Rosberg not a repeat of Prost/Senna - Wolff
- The intense rivalry between Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg is "very different" to that of Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna, according to Mercedes-Benz Motorsport boss Toto Wolff.
Tensions between Hamilton and Rosberg came to the fore last weekend in Monaco, with the Briton upset to be denied a chance to snatch pole when yellow flags flew after Rosberg out-braked himself at Mirabeau
- The First Time - with Williams' Felipe Massa
- 2014 has been a year of change for Felipe Massa, with a momentous switch to Williams - his first new team for nine years following an illustrious relationship with Ferrari.
So what better time to ask the Brazilian - fresh from his third points finish of the year in Monaco - about some of the other 'firsts' in his life, as part of our series that aims to help you get to know the world's best drivers a little better...
- Driveclub Shows Off Its Social Side
- Since its 2013 E3 showing, Evolution Studio's Driveclub has too often hit the headlines for the wrong reasons. First, its high-profile delay forced it to miss its intended launch alongside the PS4's arrival and then the logistics of its PS Plus Edition were heavily criticised, prompting Sony to double-back on its original plan. Happily, things have now settled and confirmed dates of October 7 (US) and October 10 (UK) have been locked-in for launch by the Cheshire-based developer. This meant that during a recent visit to Evolution Studios I was able to focus on what's happening inside of the .. News sourced from: IGN.com
- Preview : GRID Autosport (Xbox 360)
- GRID Autosport ticks all the right boxes... so why does it lack that thrill of the chase? In doing so, the team has created something that focuses on five driving disciplines for players to sink their teeth into and work up the ranks: endurance, street, open wheel, tuner and touring. All unique enough in their own right for players to find their niche and plough into, with objectives within each race and season to earn experience.All sounds interesting. So why when I pick up the pad am I bored?The first reason is the AI. Next-gen gaming introduced 'the cloud', and with it, Turn 10 .. News sourced from: VideoGamer.com
- Sony To Broadcast E3 Press Conference In Over 40 Movie Theaters
- Sony has announced that over 40 movie theaters in North America will host simulcasts of the company’s E3 press conference. The PlayStation E3 Experience will be hosted by Geoff Keighley and will feature additional content over home streaming. The events are free, but limited. If you’d like to attend one of the showings, head here to sign up. Those in attendance will get 30 minutes of extra game footage and interviews. Sony’s E3 press conference will be held at 6:00 p.m. Pacific / 9:00 p.m. Eastern. Those attending a theater presentation should plan to be seated 30 minutes .. News sourced from: GameInformer.com
- ISR.TV - David Cater and Ray Alfalla Build iRacing Setups
- ISR.TV – David Cater and Ray Alfalla Build iRacing SetupsEvery year when the iRace4Life seminar takes place, Setup Guru David Cater and two time iRacing NASCAR World Champion Ray Alfalla contribute their experience and knowledge with the Sim Racing Community.bsimracing News sourced from: Belgian Sim Racers
- R3E patch coming soon
- R3E patch coming soonSimbin submitted a new post on their dev blog, announcing they will have a big RaceRoom Racing Experience patch ready in 2-3 weeks time. This patch will include the Multiplayer Alpha for Season Pass Holders.bsimracing News sourced from: Belgian Sim Racers
- 'KartSim' - Screens & Trailer
- 'KartSim' - Screens & Trailer News sourced from: Worthplaying
- R3E: SimBin Dev Blog 29 maggio
- Multiplayer ALPHAFor testing purposes we opened our Test environment to a lot of players. First I would like to thank everyone who joined and helped us test MP Alpha. Based on our test results, observations and your feedback, we are adding a few more things to MP Alpha before going live. Some of these will be included with the launch while some will be patched in later. But here's a small list of things we're adding.We're adding start lights in HUD as players could not see the actual lights on the tracks from distance.The MP Browser is now sorting by player count in a server. A lot more filt.. News sourced from: DrivingItalia.net
- Gran Turismo 6 - New Senna Content Previews
- Polyphony Digital has released new previews of the Ayrton Senna DLC pack for Gran Turismo 6. News sourced from: VirtualR.net
- GSC Extreme - Next DLC Content Announced
- Reiza Studios have announced the contents of the next DLC content pack for their Game Stock Car Extreme title. News sourced from: VirtualR.net
- Gran Turismo 6: addon Senna in arrivo
- News sourced from: DrivingItalia.net
- Assetto Corsa - New Mazda 787B Previews
- AssiPazz has released new previews of his Mazda 787B for Assetto Corsa. News sourced from: VirtualR.net
- Assetto Corsa - New Montreal Previews
- linolafett has released new previews of his well-progressing Circuit Gilles Villeneuve track for Assetto Corsa. News sourced from: VirtualR.net
- Popularity of NASCAR's 'Ten-Time' still runs strong
- Hendrick Motorsports already has a driver nicknamed "Five-Time" in Jimmie Johnson, and another known as "Four-Time" in Jeff Gordon. After Thursday, though, Dale Earnhardt Jr. figures he might have both those multiple-time Sprint Cup champions beat.
- Emotional award caps Gordon's 'awkward' week
- Tears during Champions Week are nothing new for Jeff Gordon.
- Penske prepares for first big night in long career
- Even with all of Roger Penske's racing accolades and achievements -- his legendary status as a team owner, the Hall of Fame honors, the Daytona 500 victory and 15 Indianapolis 500 wins -- he insists it was a simple gesture in a single moment last week that brought it all home for him.
- Notes: Mandel spices up NASCAR interviews
- Comedian Howie Mandel brought his act to Las Vegas a day early -- and incognito.
- 2012 champion earns his hardware
- LAS VEGAS -- Calling himself a "lottery winner" NASCAR's newest Sprint Cup champion Brad Keselowski accepted his championship ring and $5 million paycheck then promised to post a photo of himself on Twitter celebrating later with a large, cold Miller Lite beer.
- Allmendinger seems a good fit for Phoenix Racing
- AJ Allmendinger might not be the perfect match for every team.
- Recent turn of events land Smith in Chase-quality car
- CONCORD, N.C. -- Regan Smith says he doesn't feel any additional pressure in taking over behind the wheel of Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s No. 88 Chevrolet.
- Biffle wins Charlotte pole with record-breaking lap
- Greg Biffle was cackling with laughter when he crossed the finish line Thursday night at Charlotte Motor Speedway, and it wasn't just because he set a track record in qualifying for Sunday's Bank of America 500.
- Gordon, others walk a fine line after hard hits
- Jimmie Johnson remembers, vaguely, how he felt the day after taking a hard hit in a Nationwide Series car when his brakes failed and he plowed into a wall during a race at Watkins Glen International.
- Weekend Preview: Revitalized Gordon aims to continue climb
- The last time Jeff Gordon headed to Charlotte Motor Speedway, his deficit in the Sprint Cup Series points manifested itself in a strikingly tangible form.
- Keselowski proud to carry on No. 2 tradition
- Brad Keselowski remembers racing against Rusty Wallace -- he was 9 years old and it was in a video game.
- Section of I-85 dedicated in honor of Gordon
- A 1.6-mile section of I-85 from the city of Charlotte corporate limits to the Cabarrus County line was dedicated Friday as the Jeff Gordon Expressway.